Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version Hydroactive

Club XM Forum > Hydraulics Issues
Pages: 1, 2, 3
yaronagler
hello to all
can some tell me is hydroactive suspnsion in xms is an option or there some model that have it
my car is 1999 with es9 engine and i want to know which model is the same as my car ,because i need sphere bracket for it.
any help
demag
Hello Yaronagler.

Which bracket do you need? 1999 car is Hydractive 2 I think.
yaronagler
sphere bracket right citroen part no 527189 cost here 1500 us $
steelcityuk
Is that a strut top? If it is it's easy to tell if you need hydractive type or not, the hydractive tops have a 10mm pipe feeding them. However over the years different strut sizes have been used so it's not straight forward.

Techmanagain is the chap who's advice I would seek for such parts.

Steve.
yaronagler
is all around the world its so expensive?
were i can get this part also in good price?

thanks
Ciaran
Where abouts are you yaronagler, and which model is your XM?

Different markets got different XMs, some with a non Hydractive option.

As Steve said, you can work out whether it is Hydractive by the pipe diameter.

Failing that though, knowing where you are could help with the location of parts, possible postage costs etc.

Ciarán
techmanagain
........Techmanagain is the chap who's advice I would seek for such parts...................

527189 is common to all the later hydraulic front suspensions and is expensive wherever you intend buying. It is not the same as early XM as the diameter and taper of the suspension piston is different.
The UK price is quoted as £322.74 GBPplus VAt at15% which converts to US$ as $4665 plus any local taxes.
If you have been quoted 1500$, you are very lucky indeed, but I doubt if the quotation is correct. It is not the custom of Citroen to have any great variation in prices throughout the world.
yaronagler
my xm is 1999 3000cc engine ES9 engine
the sphere bracket is with the big dimeter hose
btw i am from israel.
xmexclusive
Hi Yaronagler

I think Techmanagain is a factor of 10 out on the currency conversion as it is now under 1.5 US $ to UK £1. That makes your local price at least twice the price in Europe. All the Mk2 XM's were fitted with 10mm feed pipes but there are 2 sizes of strut head and piston rod and they are not interchangable as individual items. There is some confusion and very poor record information about which type was fitted to which model of car. Citroen made a progressive change over from the thin strut rod/matching bracket to the thicker strut rod by model over a number of years. Not even sure that all models were changed over by the end of production. Measure the diameter of the strut rod where it goes into the cylinder (22mm thin, 25mm thick) to make absolutely sure you are getting the right one before you order anything.
Depending on how your bracket is damaged you may be able to consider using the aftermarket bracket repair kit provided by a Swedish engineer. These are about £100 plus postage for a pair. There are a few posting about the kit on here and some photos by a successful UK user.

John
DerekW
Hi Yaronagler,

Your '99 3 litre definitely has the 25mm rod. I would be interested to hear the way in which your bracket failed. I suspect that with the high temperatures in Israel it was the rubber.

Derek
yaronagler
the rubber in my brakcet is very crack and has very big play in it
i discover this 2 week ago when i rise the car to check the brakes
and then i saw that the right wheel go up and down when i play with it
since then i am afraid to drive the car and it stand in the parking
but the price its so high that i dont know what to do,and i start the car somtimes with open hood.
cu
DOD
I replaced a strut top a month ago, then the full citroen retail was £330 but on a good day available from a smaller dealer for more like £290. I paid the higher price because I could not wait and it seems that citroen keep one only in britain at a time. It is a dead easy job to install. My XM is a 1995 build 2.5 estate.
Dieselman
What normally goes on the strut top, the rubber splitting or the metal casing rusting through.
xmexclusive
Hi Dieselman

Two separate modes of failure on an XM.

In the UK rusting top down of the strut head metal cone that bolts to the chassis. If it gets bad enough it lets the main rubber block thrust upwards and the strut bends the bonnet. Can be seen by examining the top of the strut head.

If the XM is run for long periods with flat front spheres the rubber block will tear axially from the metal cone. Highest risk/worst problems is with the heavier engined cars (V6 & 2.5TD). End result is the same strut pops up and bends the bonnet. Tearing can only be seen by examination of the underside of the strut head in the wheel arch. If the damage is already under way then new/recharged spheres will only delay the enevitable not prevent it.

In other parts of the world rusting may not be a problem but the much higher ambient temperatures can cause rapid deteriation of the rubber block.

John
yaronagler
helllo to all
so what you can tell me i can do ?
someone told about a ring that i could bond to the top of the strut.
why new bracket cost so much?
Pages: 1, 2, 3
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here .
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.
Adapted by Shaun Harrison
Translated and modified by Fantome et David, Lafter