Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version Considering An Xm - Reliability?

Club XM Forum > XM General Issues
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5
SamWise1972
Now an already converted V6 I could be persuaded to talk to....
citroenxm
I have one of them too!

Bought a car for 200 quid with LPG already on it, and swapped it all over!

Total cost: V6 12v Auto for £420 quid with 6 months tax and 12 months mot

LPG swap over: £0

LPG Kit Purchase: £200!

And loving every moment of it..

I do think the 2.1td's manuals, do have quite a good mid range punch in gears!!

Rgds
citroenxm
Andmcit
Out of interest Paul, where do you have the tank in your V6? Is it a donut under the
boot floor or a torpedo in the boot?

How easy was ther swap over conversion? Is it a big deal splitting the LPG components
on the circuit like AC to remove them? A good pal of mine has qualified the training to be
a car LPG fitter as he intends converting several of his cars and have the job as a little
earner for his retirement which isn't miles off for him.

I've not fully gone into the in's and out's with him for doing an installation though.

Andrew
Peter.N.
Sorry folks I have been away for a few days, but all the forgoing sounds very interesting.

Sam- I am pleased you have found yourself a car, as regards the 2.1td (at least I hope yours is a td) V 3 litre, its horses for courses. If you want a fast car for the occaisional trip out, fine, but if you do about 20k miles per year, as I do (although retired) it makes a heck of a difference to your fuel bill.

I had the same love for the CX as you did for the DS. I used to go to the motor show every year just to sit in the Mk 2 CX25 td Safari, and told the salesman 'I'm going to have one of those' (in about 10 years time). I eventually picked up a five year old one at a bargain price, I bought it at 114k and sold it at 266k, it was a fantastic car, in many ways better than the XM, in fact I went up to Yorkshire and drove one last year, the Turbo 2, 120BHP at 3,600 rpm! but unfortunatly it had to much rust, so I stayed with the XM.

Regarding LPG, someone said you could get a better range with it than diesel, more than 800 miles on a tankful? I would be interested in some more info.

Peter.N.
SamWise1972
I think the greater range is LPG tank and petrol tank combined, which doesn't get you the economy.
Peter.N.
Ah right thanks.

Peter.N.
citroenxm
QUOTE (Andmcit @ Jan 18 2008, 21:10 PM)
Out of interest Paul, where do you have the tank in your V6? Is it a donut under the
boot floor or a torpedo in the boot?

How easy was ther swap over conversion? Is it a big deal splitting the LPG components
on the circuit like AC to remove them? A good pal of mine has qualified the training to be
a car LPG fitter as he intends converting several of his cars and have the job as a little
earner for his retirement which isn't miles off for him.

I've not fully gone into the in's and out's with him for doing an installation though.

Andrew

Andrew,

unfortunally its a bloody great big 80 litre tank in the boot! So I only get half a boot but still manage to get ALL 3 tool boxes, and my jack in the boot..

Rgds
citroenxm
Jan-hendrik
unfortunally its a bloody great big 80 litre tank in the boot! So I only get half a boot but still manage to get ALL 3 tool boxes, and my jack in the boot..

That IS a big bastard! My brother had a 40 litre tank in his XM boot. He used to fill it up every 300 km. That left him with some luggage space smile.gif
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here .
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.
Adapted by Shaun Harrison
Translated and modified by Fantome et David, Lafter