Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version Cruise Control

Club XM Forum > XM General Issues
Pages: 1, 2
citroenxm
Hi All

Does ANYONE have a COMPLETE Wireing diagram for the CRUISE CONTROL system fitted to SERIES 1 cars useing the Vaccuum system?? I'm interested in fitting a system to a S1 Onyx 2.0i Turbo I've just bought, I have the ECU unit, the Vaccum motor and the steering colum switch and was just wondering how much wireing is involved..

Many thanks in advance

Rgds

citroenxm
DerekW
Off the top of my head, you also need the actuator, clutch and brake switches, the main on/off switch and the solenoid valve. A CC relay may also be needed although I've seen somewhere that this item is for automatics only.

I've seen a wiring diagram in the Sertes 2 manual, If I can find it I'll try to copy it across. If I remember right it's buried in amongst lots of other sub-circuits, if I can find time - no promises- I'll try to scribble down trhe relevant part.

I'm interested in your progress with this as I'm hoping to fit it to my estate at some time.

Derek
citroenxm
DerekW

No need for a clutch switch, its an auto, my thinking is that I may do a mechanical transfer from my 1993 K reg V6 to the Black Onyx, even an engine change, as black is my colour and not green... Having a nice big hole in my cill after my blow out and also a VERY annoying rattle at the rear end also contribute to retireing the 93 V6 body...

The rattle at the rear is undiscovered, I've been under it but cannot find anything..

The moral, I'll have everything on the V6 to transfer, but was wanting to see what wireing is involved exactly...

Thanks in advance DerekW, I also think that early S2 V6's with the 90 deg 6 used the same Vac mechanical cruise, so should do the job..

Regards
citroenxm
DerekW
Here's the wiring diagram for cruise:

user posted image

Relevant numbered items are as follows:

Cruise control controller Item 60
Selector switch Item 214
Clutch contact Item 328
Electrovalve Item 438
Cruise control switch Item 611
Vacuum pump Item 760
Relay Item 831
Stop light switch Item 319

Hope this helps, Happy New Year

Derek
robertmnorton
Just a quickie, item 154 is the speed sensor and as shown in the diag given by Derek and is parallelled off the hydractive contol unit.This and a couple of others related to the autobox are the ones i used to sort the cruise on my two mk 2's
Jan-hendrik
Don't want to discourage you, but I think doing this conversion will turn out to be a nightmare. Installing the necessary wiring is a major pain in the 'you-know-what'.
I have heard of and talked to other XM owners who wanted to do this, but gave up after being confronted with the wiring complications.
Please do keep in touch and tell the forum about your progress wink.gif
John Malkovich
Just a comment: I think that Series 2 also use the vacuum system as I had the hose replaced on the device some time ago.
Andmcit
QUOTE (citroenxm @ Dec 31 2007, 19:44 PM)
DerekW

No need for a clutch switch, its an auto, my thinking is that I may do a mechanical transfer from my 1993 K reg V6 to the Black Onyx, even an engine change, as black is my colour and not green... Having a nice big hole in my cill after my blow out and also a VERY annoying rattle at the rear end also contribute to retireing the 93 V6 body...

The rattle at the rear is undiscovered, I've been under it but cannot find anything..

The moral, I'll have everything on the V6 to transfer, but was wanting to see what wireing is involved exactly...

Thanks in advance DerekW, I also think that early S2 V6's with the 90 deg 6 used the same Vac mechanical cruise, so should do the job..

Regards
citroenxm

You're about to undertake a big job here effectively disabling two cars!!
If it helps you in your plans don't forget the black H plate 2.0 SEi bodyshell
I've threatened you with is still available - shame your not more local!

I'll try and get pictures of it and others that need rehoming when I can, weather
permitting; I'm in no hurry to drive 40+ cars out of their dry storage and shuffle
them about, take pictures etc just to see them get soaked and parked back in
storage wet...

Andrew
citroenxm
Andrew..

The Black onyx mentioned here, is the car that I am now considering for an HDi conversion.. But cruise would be nice which ever engine is used...

I have bought another L reg 2.1td Diesel Auto, with SEi Alloys (24v S1 style) and leather interior, to go in the the Onyx. I have some wood for it too, so APART from Crise it will effectly be an SEi, as it ALSO has Retro Air Con fitted (Useing an R134a gas system too!)

Your offer of the Black 2.oi SEi is interesting.. Might be a nice 2.1td auto conversion. biggrin.gif

Rgds

C
xmexclusive
Hi Citroenxm

For the HDi conversion the ECU would need to come with the engine. I thought that electronic cruise was fairly standard for these later engines and if so the routines would be in the ECU anyway as they are with the 2.5TD ECU. On the 2.5XM the cruise wiring is just a small part of the XM vac cruise wiring.

Regards

XMexc
citroenxm
Hi John,

On the Xantia HDi the Engine ECU is under the bonnet, so Yes that will need to come with it. The wanting of a WHOLE car thats been prehaps rear ended will be the ideal donar..

Rgds

C
citroenxm
Hello all

Just resurecting this thread for the cruise side of the topic.

Derek are you also reading.. We should by now BOTH have our cruise items, however, I went one step further and recovered the complete WIREING for this system, and in fact its not that complicated....

HOWEVER, in recovering the harness which was reletivly ok, I did cut through one part accidentally.. so I was wondering can you also supply the Wire colour codes for the diagram in this thread earlyer...

Rgds
Paul
DerekW
Sorry Paul, I've been off line for a while, replacing an ancient oil central heating boiler with a new condensing boiler - what a job, but I saved about 1.5k by doing it myself.

I'll have a look later on this evening and see what I can find.

Derek
DerekW
Hi Paul,

According to the book of words, wire colours are denoted by a letter with a bar over it. Wires with colour markings just have a letter.

The letters are as follows:

N Black
M Brown
R Red
Ro Pink
Or Orange
J Yellow
V Green
Bl Blue
Mv Mauve
Vi Violet
G Grey
B White

Hope that's what you're looking for?

My bits are arriving tomorrow, I've spent the evening moving machinery back into place in my garage/workshop after having cleared enough space to do the boiler job. I couldn't let John see it in the state it was in.

Derek

citroenxm
QUOTE (DerekW @ Dec 31 2007, 22:44 PM)
Here's the wiring diagram for cruise:

user posted image

Relevant numbered items are as follows:

Cruise control controller Item 60
Selector switch Item 214
Clutch contact Item 328
Electrovalve Item 438
Cruise control switch Item 611
Vacuum pump Item 760
Relay Item 831
Stop light switch Item 319

Hope this helps, Happy New Year

Derek

Hi All,

DerekW or Robertmnorton, can you clarify a few more items on the Cruise Diagram please?

What exactly is 801?

Does anyone know where item 831, the auto box relay is located, and understand how the wires join together??

Ive got EVERYTHING else sorted, except this auto box connections and relay...

Cheers

Paul
Pages: 1, 2
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here .
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.
Adapted by Shaun Harrison
Translated and modified by Fantome et David, Lafter