Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version Cruise Control

Club XM Forum > XM General Issues
Pages: 1, 2
Jan-hendrik
Excuse me for butting in smile.gif

831 is labeled as the cruise control relay. It is fitted to autoboxes only. It's located on the slam panel.
801 is the autobox relay. It ensures the cruise only works with the gear selector in Drive.

citroenxm
Jan

cruise will work in 3rd too....

If you either hold the cruise in + up hill it will kick down and stay engaged...

Thankyou Jan, no problem with your input... I didn't get these two items when stripping the harness out the car...

The wiring diagram doesn't show EXACTLY how its wired, its broken into parts as its an option.. between manual or auto..

Anyone help further .. including Jan??

rgds
Paul
robertmnorton
Hi Paul, sorry, been dossing around only just picked the thread up, i see you've got good info.About all i can add is that relay 801 is activated by switches internal to the autobox ,whenever the selector is in P,N,or R to prevent cruise engagement.This is why jumping pin 10 to pin 9 provides the missing 12Vdc to the cruise ecu by-passing relay 831.Cruise will work, i think, down to 24mph.I DO engage mine in 30mph average speed camera zones.I haven't had occaision to look at manual box configuration but would expect a similar reverse cruise lockout relay/switch.
citroenxm
Robert,

Great stuff, may be able to cheat the system then to Dangeriously work in any gear, NOT that I'm likely to use it in revserse or 1st or 2nd gear!. Obviously the Brake pedal cut out is VERY important

Cheers for now

Paul
xmexclusive
Hi Paul

One of the things cruise does is checks the distance sensor output and at speeds of less than 25mph it prevents cruise engaging. I suspect that this distance signal is not recognised at all in reverse. The autobox switch should still be insitu on the engine and the slam panel where you left it so I will have a look next time I go over.

In looking through the wiring diagrams in the workshop manual I also found a diagram for electronic cruise fitting to late LHD 2.1TD's. This suggests that the fly-by-wire LUCAS 2.1's have the electronic cruise routines in the ECU just like the 2.5TD's. Might be worth any LUCAS 2.1 owners checking the switch positions to see if the plugs and wiring are present.

Regards

XMexc
robertmnorton
Hi again Paul, there is no cruise lockout for any of the forward drive gears, so theoretically could be engaged at any speed above 25mph in 1,2,3 or 4.I also agree that omitting the lockout relays 831/801 is not really going to be dangerous, after all why would you engage cruise except going forwards?Both my auto's -EPIC and BOSCH - have been jumpered pin 9 to 10 for some years now due intermittant cruise operation,and no problems since.
Hi xmerc can't find anything on my EPIC orga 8616 for electronic cruise, same vac set up as the BOSCH orga 6440.Could you post the the reference data?
robertmnorton
Hi xmerc, have found the schematics showing the cruise connections to the DELPHI pump.Curious why it'not implemented?Did the XANTIA or SYNERGIE have this enabled do you know?
xmexclusive
Hi Robert

Sorry no knowledge of the other Citroen models. On 2.5TD XM's all Bosch ECU's got the cruise routines and wiring with only the much smaller number of exclusive cars being actually fitted with the switches. My hunch is that the LUCAS 2.1 ECU will also have its own cruise routines. The presence of the 2.1TD electronic cruise wiring diagram in the workshop manual makes it virtually certain that at least one production batch of electronic cruise fitted 2.1's were made for some market, most likely LHD home use. Colin P was keen to try this out a while ago and I was going to check out a late LUCAS 2.1 at the local scrappy for wiring and buy the ECU. Unfortunately they crushed it the day before I went back.

Regards

XMexc
Pages: 1, 2
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here .
Invision Power Board © 2001-2022 Invision Power Services, Inc.
Adapted by Shaun Harrison
Translated and modified by Fantome et David, Lafter