Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version Club Xm Sticker - Fledgling Design Ideas! :-)

Club XM Forum > User comments and suggestions
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6
Ciaran
Well someone's going to have to make the decision I agree. Perhaps Andrew should be involved in that though since he went to all the effort of suggesting and designing them?

I'm in agreement, yes.
Andmcit
I'm perfectly happy to draw together 2 or 3 proposals and post them all together in one
posting interpreting everyone's recent comments and suggestions where it could be a
vote for a, b or c etc!!

Mind. this isn't all my own show!! biggrin.gif

If anyone wants to present a design themselves I wont get the hump. Honestly, I only
put something forward as this is what I do every day when I'm not buying Citroens and
it's a subject matter that I really like (for a change)!! wink.gif

Rereading the pre Xmas posts I was about to try a all black base narrow proposal to
match the long/wide one - shall I try that on you guys to garner a response!?

All the best,
Andrew

Actually, at the moment it'd just be nice to have internet that works for longer than 30 secs... dry.gif sad.gif
noz
Hey Guys,

There's a good reason why I don't get to choose the wallpaper.... or the curtains. You don't want to find out the hard way!

We're all adults and I'm sure we can reach a consensus very quickly. All members of club-xm should have an equal say. After all its the contribution of everyone which makes club-xm what it is, not just me. (Chris is hiding, so you won't get his opinion)

If you're looking for someone to pin the tail on the donkey, well, I can do that if you wish.

Andrew, lets see where the debate's got to and take it from there.

I do agree though. We could debate it forever and it will never happen.

cheers

noz cool.gif
DrTim
QUOTE (Andmcit @ Jan 14 2008, 19:34 PM)

Rereading the pre Xmas posts I was about to try a all black base narrow proposal to
match the long/wide one - shall I try that on you guys to garner a response!?

I'd like to see that.
Peter.N.
Can we see the first ones proposed again and perhaps form an opinion or offer suggestions - I know we have been all through this once, perhaps we can come up with something more concrete this time.

Peter.N.
Andmcit
IDEA 1

user posted image

IDEA 2

user posted image

IDEA 3

user posted image

THIS COULD SPLIT DOWN THE MIDDLE TO GIVE
x2 separate one's if you wanted:

user posted image

and as a very minor variation on a theme

IDEA 3B

user posted image

And a rerun of the other prelims:

A:

user posted image

B:

user posted image

C:

user posted image

D:

user posted image

E:

user posted image

Andrew
Andmcit
F:

user posted image

G:

user posted image
Andmcit
One point worth mentioning: all the options aren't supposed to be the same width!!
That's thanks to photobucket standardising their differing scales...

Andrew
DerekW
I don't think anybody could come up with any better ideas than those.

Looks like someone is going to have to organise a vote, starting with a vote of thanks to Andrew for all his hard work.

For what it's worth (1 vote) my preference is idea 3, which seems to give the best of both worlds.

Derek
Ciaran
I forgot, I was talking to the guy who arranges printing etc a few weeks ago, and just to get a rough idea, I asked him what it would cost to print up stickers of the following two:

user posted image
user posted image

I know they might not be the final design, but it was just to get an idea. The price of the colour ones surprised me though, to quote ph34r.gif :

Clear Window Stickers size 220 x 100mm Printed 4 Colour Process plus White Background
500 Window Stickers as above £768.00
250 Window Stickers as above £659.00

If you changed to a 2 colour design on White 500 would cost £195.00 and 250 £160.00

In light of that, I would suggest that we concentrate solely on a black and white design. Mind you, someone may know of somewhere we could get cheaper, or is that about the going rate?

Ciarán
Andmcit
Exactly!! I'm aware of the issues of using colour!

Nice but more expensive...
Story of my life in my line of work!!

Just to be totally clear - ALL the latest range of ideas are black and white

Andrew
Andmcit
It may be semantics and this would really need to be nailed down for a price
but a two colour design will be the main white ground substrate and then two
Pantone colours (specifically labelled colours) such as, say red AND blue etc.

Basically a one colour job, ie. black on the white base material would be cheaper
again. I'll get a quote on a black print on 250 and 500 and post the price here.

Andrew
Andmcit
After a bit of Googling I found these guys offering quote charts for full or singe
colour printing on vinyl for car window stickers:

http://www.abalabels.co.uk/prices_window_stickers.htm

I'm going by a size of 50mm x 150mm as an average/starting point
giving a price each of around 60p depending on the overall quantity
ordered. About what I expected a sticker would sell for in a shop!

Andrew
techmanagain
I certainly like No. 3 and "B" Simple and clearly read.
Peter.N.
Personaly, I like Idea two, with one as a second choice. They have all the information you need with the minimum ammount to take in as you speed past.

Peter.N.
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here .
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.
Adapted by Shaun Harrison
Translated and modified by Fantome et David, Lafter