Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version Radio Interference - Any Solution?

Club XM Forum > XM General Issues
mackay1
Hi,

Every XM I've had suffers badly from crackling on FM radio stations unless the signal is really strong. Has anyone found a solution?

Thanks

Roy
Peter.N.
Hi Roy

Not a problem I have had, all four of mine have worked well. Its most likely to be a problem with your aerial unless you live in a very weak signal area. Ah! a thought has just occured to me, is yours petrol, all of mine have been diesel. A bit of a drastic conversion job to make your radio work properly! I would normally have said check the connections on the coax, especially the earth connection under the aerial, behind the interior light.

Peter.N.
Peter.N.
Now I've looked properly, I see you have one of each, do you get the problem on the diesel?
mackay1
Hi Peter,

Yes I get it on the diesel (and every other diesel XM I've had) - I also get it on the petrol car. I do live in an area where the radio signal isn't that strong - but the problem persists wherever I go. I'll have a go at the coax / earth connections as you suggest.

Thanks for your help.

Roy
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here .
Invision Power Board © 2001-2022 Invision Power Services, Inc.
Adapted by Shaun Harrison
Translated and modified by Fantome et David, Lafter