Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version Edinburgh 14 May

Club XM Forum > Anything goes chat
johnm52
I saw in south Edinburgh today an 'L'reg white XM estate, limping southwards with damage consistent with strut through bonnet...anyone here?

JohnM
noz
Ouch !

Not guilty.

cheers

noz cool.gif
Anon
Hi All

What an interesting post, it reminded me that I have been living with a rusty strut head for a year or so now. This morning I lifted the bonnet to have a look and see how it was progressing. Perished rubber and a heap of rusty chips the engine side. It looked worse so made mental note not to go anywhere near Edinburgh. Decided that I should investigate further so pulled off all the loose rubber and hoovered up all the rusty debris. The area under the rubber was damp and the corrosion looked to me just like you get with mill scale on rolled steel. The bulk of the steel of the strut head seemed sound when probed with a screw driver. By this evening the dampness had dried out with the strut head exposed to the air. Will clean it up with a wire brush and then give it a coating with a rust treatment. Lets see how well it lasts now.

This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here .
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.
Adapted by Shaun Harrison
Translated and modified by Fantome et David, Lafter