Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version Re:what Do I Buy Now.....suggestions Please!

Club XM Forum > XM General Issues
Little&Large
Hello all.
I have had a look on the Autotrader site.The 2.1 that Peter looked at is almost certainly sold huh.gif .I only just missed it...it wasn't to be!! wacko.gif
I really don't know what to go for.What are the opinions on the Ebay 2.5 VSX Estate?I must admit to always longing for a 2.5 but was really put off by Noz's article about the potential faults on them.
What faults in particular am I looking for on the 2.5?Does it suffer from the same porous fuel heater as on the Mk1?What is the normal running temp on one around town and on the motorway?I ask this because my 2.1 used to run at around 70 degrees on the motorway.If I got in a 2.5 and saw it running at 95 degrees I would think something was wrong,but if Noz's runs at that then it must be normal wacko.gif
Anyway I need an Estate,it must be diesel,I don't mind an auto if the purchase price is cheap enough.So a Mk1 or 2 and 2.1 or 2.5?
Many thanks
Regards Rob
bobtee
Hi Rob you could try getting smiths selectoshift fitted to your knees or maybe a2.1 td Xantia estate , should be a nice car but not sure if auto possible.
Good luck Bob. biggrin.gif
mackay1
Hi Rob,

Sorry to hear you've missed the 2.1TD estate. I think the estate on eBay looks interesting although there's no mention of service history.

If I was looking for an estate - I'd be following up this one on autotrader real quick:

1998 CITROEN XM 2.5 VSX Turbo Diesel Estate, R reg. 120000 miles, one previous owner, fsh, dark green metallic, digital climate control, full electrics, e/seats, this car must be seen to be appreciated. £1,695. evenings

Attractions (for me) are FSH and 1998 model (includes passenger airbag). If it's as good as it sounds it's a real bargain. Don't worry about the 2.5TD - you'll absolutely love it.

See also noz's comments under the post "Citroen Obsessed New Member" in the introductions section of the forum.

Good luck

Roy
xmexclusive
Hi Rob

I was watching that 2.5 too. From the telephone code it is just down the road from you in IVER, Bucks.
There is also a 96N 2.5 estate 74k miles tax/mot Sep for £1095ono in Rotherham advertised in fish4cars.

My looking out of interest may turn into a little more in the next week or so when the insurance company finally decides if the back of my silver 2.5 estate is damaged beyond economic repair.

Regards

John
Peter.N.
I'm sorry to hear he missed the 2.1 estate, I had nearly given in to getting it myself!

Peter.N.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here .
Invision Power Board © 2001-2022 Invision Power Services, Inc.
Adapted by Shaun Harrison
Translated and modified by Fantome et David, Lafter