Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version Re:reserve Level Of Petrol Tank?

Club XM Forum > XM General Issues
Little&Large
Hi all.
Does anyone know how much fuel is left in the tank when the fuel light comes on on the dashboard?I think I recall 8 litres....but this seems a bit low.Mine comes on with 2 segments left until empty.
Many thanks
Regards Rob
Peter.N.
Mine starts to flash on and off at just below 1/4 full, but I have had 50 miles out of it after the light stays on without running out.

Peter.N.
noz
Hi Rob,

On the 2.5TD the fuel light seems to be controlled by the ecu since the light always comes on when the 'miles to go' indicator hits 70. I've run it down to the fumes before and got more than 70 miles out of it. I've no experience of the petrol but I presume the tank would be the same?

Cheers

noz cool.gif
Xmauritius
Its strange my reserve light only came on with the ignition on but the engine not running, as soon as i start the engine the light goes off. I thought this was to remind you you were low on fuel before you drive off, then one day i ran out of fuel and the light never lit.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here .
Invision Power Board © 2001-2022 Invision Power Services, Inc.
Adapted by Shaun Harrison
Translated and modified by Fantome et David, Lafter