Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version Another Xm Weekend Anytime Soon?

Club XM Forum > Anything goes chat
mackay1
Sadly I couldn't make the last one and wondered if there's another planned soon. I've got some spares I'd be happy to bring along.

Thanks

Roy
noz
Hi Roy,

We have just been talking about that very thing. Just trying to get some opportune dates together.

Might as well throw it open. Does anyone have any suggested dates for the next XM owners meet? We learned a lot from the last one in terms of the things that are likely to keep peoples interest for say, a weekend. As the weather improves the option of an overnight stay to break up the travel distances becomes more attractive.

Here's the list of 'attractions' from last time:

Likely interests:
Friendly, like-minded banter
Swapping tales of woe
Fault diagnoses of every kind
Sphere pressure measurement
Diagnostic check on Citroen Garage 'Computer' called Elit (covers Suspension, Engine, ABS, Seat Belts, Aircon, basically everything with an electronic brain)
Spares swapping/sales (dont tell Mr G Brown)
Access to Citroen Factory Manuals / Parts Microfiches
Access to tools of all kinds
Sphere pressure testing
Intermittent speedo operation diagnosis and maybe even repair

If anyone has any special requests please just add them here (still no bouncy castles though please)

Cheers

noz cool.gif
mackay1
Hi Noz,

Great news - thanks.

If you need a volunteer car for the 1 hour 2.5TD timing belt change this time - count me in!

I'd be really interested in some tips on preventative maintenance - to see if I can avoid some future pain.

I wouldn't get a way with any of the bank holiday weekends - too much family stuff happening.

I'd like to suggest the weekends of 3 & 4 or 17 & 18 June.

Is it likely to be the same venue?

Thanks

Roy
techmanagain

If only my indie could attend the session. He reckons 5 hours to do the 2.5 belt change!!!! Perhaps one of your descriptive jpeg for the un-initiated?
techmanagain
I would suggest any weekend bar Rally days, though priorities can be swapped!. Enough notice gives a chance to book B & B in the holiday season.
Peter.N.
We will be en route to Scotland on Saturday 10th June and returning Sat/Sun 17th and 18th June. Will be staying at Abington service area on the A74 over night. If it happens that it can be arranged for any of those dates and in that area, I would be pleased to meet up with you but fairly briefly as will have wife, son, daughter in law, german shepherd and greyhound with us!

Peter.N.
splez4
2.5 cam belt, my cousins garage did mine (after hours,cash job) in 3.5 hours but that was cambelt ,ballance shaft belts, idler wheels and alternator belt,the whole works,all for £50 plus parts,, the parts were about £126.00 if i remember correctly, genuine cit parts as well,, terry smile.gif
splez4
2.5 cam belt, my cousins garage did mine (after hours,cash job) in 3.5 hours but that was cambelt ,ballance shaft belts, idler wheels and alternator belt,the whole works,all for £50 plus parts,, the parts were about £126.00 if i remember correctly, genuine cit parts as well,, terry smile.gif
techmanagain
I found out that my indie was checking what the time schedule was from Citroen and charged for the same even though he did it quicker - but at a lower hourly rate. Even then he has been able to take his wife and kids to ski and now to snorkle in Egypt on his profits! I wish I were still young and able. There's gold in them there hills! Am I envious!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here .
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.
Adapted by Shaun Harrison
Translated and modified by Fantome et David, Lafter