Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version Remote Key Fob

Club XM Forum > XM General Issues
citroenxm
Hi all and everyone...

Ok, I managed to purchase a replacement CL IR remote key for my 1993 XM V6..

Now, is it possible to program these units like the Xantia ones?? Or have I got a dead end, and should have asked for the roof mounted reciver..

This makes my XM virtually originally complete now..

Any help greatly appriciated..

Happy XM motoring
Regards
citroenxm
xmexclusive
Hi citroenxm

I had a try with the Xantia method of reprogramming with Mk1 remotes and failed miserably BUT I think it should work on a MK1.
The easiest route is to get a matched set receiver/fob.
Now not many people know this but the receiver wiring plug on a Mk1 XM is common to the following cars ZX, Xantia, 106, 306 & 605. So why not use a matched Xantia set. Sadly not an option for Mk2 owners where the systems are unique.

Regards

XMexc

jorgy9
I bought a 2-key Xantia remote which I thought looked exactly like my half-destroyed 94 XM plip, but on removing the internals of both they are completely different, PCBs were very different and XM's has 1 key only, although from outside they look identical. So I now know why I had no success whatsoever trying to reprogramme it to muy XM' s receiver. You might want to do the same check -it's easy to remove the PCBs, just pull it out- not to waist your time trying to match the different things. Probably safest option is to buy sets receiver/fob always.
George
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here .
Invision Power Board © 2001-2022 Invision Power Services, Inc.
Adapted by Shaun Harrison
Translated and modified by Fantome et David, Lafter