Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version Motoroil

Club XM Forum > XM General Issues
Erik Booda
Dear XM Drivers,

My car , an XM Turbo CT, orga nr, 7343 ,automatic, 189.000,-- km on the teller uses quit a lot of oil when I drive between 600 and 800 km a day - with 3 or 4 coffeebreaks - on the highway 3/4 litre.
But when I drive the car in Holland for 200 km a day, their is no use of oil, even after 2 month of driving their is no need for oil.
I never use the car for short trips, the minimum is 50 km.

I do wonder if someone can give me a tip what to do, I find it annoying, the use of oil, and if you forget to check the level, your motor runs dry, with a lot of trouble.

I do thank you very much for reading this post, and for an possibly answer.

This is the only complain about the car, it drives splendid,the turbo and the autobox are still perfect, the hydraulics are alright, it looks wonderful ( Blue Mauritius ) no scratch or buns .
the interior is fine etc.

I like to keep the car for another 5 years ,
Guest_AndersDK
Hi Erik,

What type of oil are you using ?

If you're using a low viscosity (thin) synthetic oil type, like 5W40 (even 0W40), there is a tendency of a higher oil consumption on long trips, despite these oil type's superior lubing performance.

Try using a higher viscosity grade oil next oil change. The API range should still be the highest possible (quality/durability of the oil), and the oil should be suitable/optimal for petrol turbo engines.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here .
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.
Adapted by Shaun Harrison
Translated and modified by Fantome et David, Lafter