David Hallworth
user posted image

user posted image

user posted image

user posted image

user posted image

user posted image

user posted image

Incase the Photographs stop working, then they can be located at the following link:

XM Meet Pictures
Wendham
David - great photies! It was also a great meet: good food, free coffee refills, bright sun etc. Then off to DJ's builders' yard - I've never seen so many JCBs etc. in one front garden.
Nor have I seen *two* Xant V6s together, altho' what they were doing at a XM meet I'm not sure. Still, they were welcome and interesting: the engine installation in the Xant looks quite different from the XM.
DJ wielded his ELIT machine to good effect; Jeff and June eventually made it with a car full of parts after a big detour to Terry's scrapyard at Darlington (thanks for the phone numbers and map - and I hope you found a bed tonight). Noz spent most of his time under a car waving a cambelt around - but then he is shy. Young David snapped us all and Gordon baffled me with talk about "Darlingtons" (no, nothing to do with scrapyards - something about special transistors? must be a generational thing) and enticed me with the prospect of a CX. Brian's "Iceberg" was lusted after. And so it went on - until I had to leave ...
Thanks for a geat day guys and gals!
Slainte!
Wendham
faeonara
it was so good to meet everyone.. thanks for everything
jeff and SWMBO
DerekW
I am so sorry that I couldn't make it (the quacks have decided to operate on two of my fingers in April).

This has got to become a regular event, perhaps a little more central so that the southern half can get involved? Sibsey in Lincolnshire sounds about right!

Derek
Wendham
Oh no! not *them* 2 fingers!
Seriously would you care to tell us which bit of your XM ruined 2 of your fingers?

Now ... centrality. "Central" to what exactly? I am reliably informed that the geographical centre of the UK is somewhere in Staffordshire.
Slainte!
Wendham
Lurch
QUOTE (Wendham @ Feb 6 2006, 01:09 AM)
Now ... centrality. "Central" to what exactly? I am reliably informed that the geographical centre of the UK is somewhere in Staffordshire.

That'd do, it's a tad closer than Scotland. wink.gif
Wendham
My Mistake! my other reliable informant tells me that the geographical centre of the UK (including all the islands) is in Lancashire, near the village of Dunsop Bridge.
The centre of England is supposed to be somewhere in Derbyshire but I am only a Scot so don't take my word for it.
Slainte!
Wendham biggrin.gif
johnm52
Hi DAvid,

Pic 3 looks like a new method of working on the rear suspension of the XM :- lift it with the bucket of a JCB!!

It was great to meet familiar names.

One of the 2 Xantia V6 present - why not, at least I can say 'My other car is an XM' should I want to!!

JohnM
DerekW
Wendham, middle two on left hand, "trigger finger". Must have been fiddling the window winder gear (courtesey of XMexcl) through the hole in the driver's door.

Seriously, it would be nice if it could become a regular event. Scotland sounds fine in the summer. In my days if the FAA I was lucky to spend five years there - three at RNAS Abbottsinch ( now Glasgow Airport) - I lived in Kilbarchan, my no.2 son was born there - and two in Arbroath.

But for our members who live in the deep south, perhaps a more central location would be better. What do you think, Noz?

Derek
Wendham
Derek - seriously, sad to hear about the digit problems and hope the op. goes well.

As for the plea to hold the next meet "more centrally" - isn't it up to you folk south of the border to organise one of your own? Then we could persuade SWMBO to travel down there, and you yours for ours. Noz and DJ will tell you how easy it is to organise!
Slainte!
Wendham biggrin.gif
faeonara
indeed dunsop bridge is the centre of the uk however theres nowt there, west yorkshire is served well by motorways that intersect west east north south but there bugger all here either lol
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here .
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.
Adapted by Shaun Harrison
Translated and modified by Fantome et David, Lafter