Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version Xm Cd Stacking Unit

Club XM Forum > XM General Issues
jackyboy
I have a 1996 XM 2.5td Exclusive. It has the original radio cassette unit and came with a CD stacking unit. According to the handbook the stacking unit normally fits under the passenger seat but I can't see how it could fit there and can't see any connections for it. Any ideas anybody???
xmexclusive
Hi Jackyboy

The CD player can either be boot mounted or on a aluminum plate that is drilled to fit with two of the screws at the front of the passenger seat frame. The standard cable to connect to the radio is an extra for most cars and is long enough to reach the boot so you have to hide the surplus away in the centre console. If you are missing the cable then sadly they are difficult to source and expensive.

The alloy bracket can be purchased from Citroen at a cost and time. I have a cardboard pattern to make one up somewhere and will look it out if you need it.

Regards

XMexc
jackyboy
Thanks for that, I'll have another look. I know that there is a lot of cable from the radio unit coiled up under the glove box, I,ll need to see where it goes. The template would be great if you could find it. Thanks again
xmexclusive
Hi jackyboy

With that coil of cable you have you should be looking at a round black sheathed multiway cable about the same size as a TV aerial cable (6mm dia). The plug on the CD end should be a DIN right angle plug with 13 pins if you have a standard Citroen CD setup. Will go down the shed and look for the template.

Regards

XMexc
xmexclusive
Hi jackboy

Have now found the template. If you let me have contact details I will make a paper pattern and put it in the post.

Regards

XMexc
Guest_jackyboy
Sorry for the delay but a big thanks for sending me the template, it is really appreciated
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here .
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.
Adapted by Shaun Harrison
Translated and modified by Fantome et David, Lafter