Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version Dash Warning Lights

Club XM Forum > XM General Issues
xmexclusive
Hi All

Had to do any emergency stop from about 60 this evening to avoid hitting a deer that jumped into the road. About half a dozen or so of the warning lights around and including the stop immediately lights came up and stayed up for a minute or so. Is this normal under extreme braking or should it be telling me something about the state of the cars hydraulic system.

Regards

XMexc
citroenxm
Hi John

I guess you have ABS on the VSX?? I'm not hot with S2 trim levels...

I've had this before on a panic braking, when the ABS has kicked in and lights galore have lit up... a theroy could be, all pressure is used up before the Pump and regulator have chance to re-pressure the system again. Could be a sign of a weak pump... I've only had it once though so not 100% sure.

I'm sure though, Noz will have an answer for us..

Regards
citroenxm
DerekW
The main accumulator supplies the backup pressure for the brakes, might be worth while checking this?
xmexclusive
Hi

Thanks for the replies. Yes it does have ABS but it has started to play up in the last week or so by dropping out every now and again. I seem to recall that the ABS had dropped out and the yellow light come on about a mile previous. The braking was definitely not ABS controlled as it felt as though it locked and slid on a wet smooth road and a cloud of something came up from the wheels. When I change the regulator sphere I will get it tested and report on the findings.

Regards

XMexc
noz
Hi XMexc,

The stop light comes up in parallel with a number of other warning lights. Did you have time to make a mental note of the other lights lit up at the same time? It might have nothing to do with the hydraulics.

Cheers

noz cool.gif
xmexclusive
Hi Noz

Other than that they were in a large cluster either side of the stop lights I did not have the presence of mind to read them. I have been meaning to do the spheres on this car anyway but was just concerned that this incident showed that matters were more urgent than my usual lithargic attitude to car maintenance.

Regards

XMexc
Gav
it wouldn't be too surprising if the low level water light came up with heavy braking, which would also bring up the stop light. I've has this come up before when the level is low but not so low to light up when stationary - only when going round roundabouts.

it sounds a bit too much of a coincidence for the water level and hydraulic level and brake wear, plus whatever could feasibly be on the limit, to all come on for the first time together.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here .
Invision Power Board © 2001-2022 Invision Power Services, Inc.
Adapted by Shaun Harrison
Translated and modified by Fantome et David, Lafter