The car went back together fairly easily and has been running just fine until a few days ago. Noticed a hydraulic leak from the left front suspension strut area. A few things. When I re-assembled the car I did renew the two large orange seals with new ones sourced from Andre Pol. However I did notice that in the electronic version of the part catalog I downloaded, on the page showing the front suspension parts there appears to be an 0-ring (labeled #12 in the illustration - but no numerical listing). Additionally #5 (Bump Stop spacer pn 960 044 686) were absent on both sides. The actual "Bump Stops" that I got from Andre have pn 960 446 878 molded into them and are 43mm in diameter as opposed to the parts book number of 960 446 687 and listed as 40mm in diameter.

To make a long story a bit shorter I just rebuild both sides as they had come apart and now have leak on the left side. Anyone have any ideas???? Have attache a pdf of the relevant pages from the parts book for Series 1 cars. Do keep in mind that only about 52 or so of the XM's were ever brought into the US smile.gif

Take care and TIA

Steve Hammond - Los Angeles area of California.