Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version 1992 2.1TD, wagon, Lhd, Leaking Diesel

Club XM Forum > Diesel Specific Issues
citroens
Hi Prakash,

‎Is the leak at the joint between the HP pipe and the injector at the union? Or is the leak at the point where the small rubber leak-off pipe is pushed onto the spigot just below the HP union?

If you upload a photo on a new thread on the forum I'll have a look and answer you there.

Regards

Norrie

----------------------
Hi Norrie,

I have been meaning to ask a question about my 1992 XM 2.1TD, wagon, Lhd, leaking diesel from the top of the injector #3, never worked on a diesel before, need some pointers.

RP5782, 365143Kms.

I still couldn't tell where exactly it may be coming from, the car starts right away, from the left, its the 3rd injector, looking at the car facing it, we injector, though the camera couldn't get past the oil filler hole tower, to gain further access for the camera shots, I have some photos here with, only where would I post them?

your help would be greatly appreciated

Prakash Raja
citroens
Hi Norrie,
thanks , I didn't hear after posting a message and thought maybe, I didn't show a good photo.

Anyhow this was the leak at the Injector #3 from the Left , looking at the car , head on.

I couldn't tell but the pooling of the diesel at the bottom of the injector, most other forums had no idea, but here is a video.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/z2ugldu51621bo9/V...000030.mp4?dl=0

the leak is now rectified, by replacing all the daisy linked, braided pipes, that run through all the injectors, linkedin , some were porous, but thought to replace the lot, I got the diesel specific , braided pipe from VW, here in Canada.

But hindsight 20/20, I would have used Coppronickle pipes, instead of the fully braided, in that I could have used just the correct length of the braided rubber pipe, just adding to the ends of this Coppronickle to cup it into the leak through ends.
If this idea haven't been thought of before, there is a possibility for it's usage in the future?

problem fixed now.

many thanks

noz
Hi Prakash,

Apologies for not replying before. I see that you have solved the problem. Well done. In my experience the injector body is very unlikely to leak. It is much more likely that the leak occurs at the fuel pipe connection at the top of the injector or at the leak-off tubing at the side.

Cheers

noz cool.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here .
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.
Adapted by Shaun Harrison
Translated and modified by Fantome et David, Lafter