Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version Citroen CX 2.5 GTi

Club XM Forum > Available!
noz
All,

I must divest myself of some of my fleet since space is now an issue.

Free to a good home.

Citroen CX 2500 GTI
1987 on an 'E' plate
Automatic
Petrol
Silver
Alloys
2 Former Keepers
Acquired vehicle in 2001

Last taxed and MOT'd Feb 2003
All paperwork present

The car has not run since 2003. Therefore the current condition is unknown. Cosmetically it has the usual rust around the sunroof opening and the bottom of the tailgate. It also has a dent in the passenger front door. Other than that it was fine when it was parked up.

Buyer must collect and remove on trailer or transporter.

If interested send me a pm.

Cheers

noz cool.gif
yaronlhm
hello

i wish i could bring it to israel
noz
If there are no takers soon then I'm afraid its going to have to be scrapped.

cheers

noz sad.gif
Jan-hendrik
Sorry, Noz, I'm not a buyer either, but I loved this car instantly when I saw it parked near a Swiss lake where we went swimming on a hot summer day in 1988. I'd owned two 2400 CX models prior to that. The CX easily beats the XM, which I've driven for more than 16 years, for comfort. We used to drive long distances with the 2 little girls sleeping in the back on futons with the backseat folded down. I'm puzzled no-one has claimed your CX as it must be a treasure trove of parts that would keep a current owner's car on the road. Someone may become aware of its value when it's too late.
Sorry for this rant!
Peter.N.
Hi Noz

it would be very sad to see it scrapped or any others of its ilk, if you don't get any takers why not put it on ebay with a start price at its scrap value, at least you won't have to worry about moving it, if it isn't restored it will probably be cannibalised but at least it will keep at least another one running. I would be very surprised if it doesn't sell.

Peter
noz
Hi Peter,

That's not a bad idea. Although I had thought that offering it for free on CX-L and Club-XM would catch the majority of likely candidates. However, I shall follow up that suggestion. I too would hate to see it crushed.

Cheers

noz cool.gif
Peter.N.
Hi Norrie

I had to send on a couple of XMs last year and got over £200 each for them, I think the price has dropped now but still worthwhile. I hate the thought of scrapping them especially in view of all the parts I have needed over the years but it seems there is a far wider audience for them on ebay than there is on the forums.

Hope you and yours are well

Peter
noz
All,

I can't bear the pain any more. If I don't get any takers she'll be going to the scrapper in a couple of weeks time. Sacrilege I know but that's the reality of it.

cheers

noz sad.gif
Peter.N.
If you can make it diesel and an estate I might take it off your hands Noz.

Peter
noz
Peter,

I'll see what I can do over the weekend biggrin.gif

noz
Peter.N.
Thanks. dry.gif
Aerodynamica
Hi, could you offer it to the restorer chaps at Wolsey House Motors? Obviously they would have to collect it but might be worth rescuing. Looks too good to scrap from the one picture.

If you scrap it would you be taking off any parts? If so I'd be keen on the bonnet and sunroof panel and its rubber surround seal! Also the front suspension struts too.

I appreciate that this might be difficult though.

Best of luck finding a place for it!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here .
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.
Adapted by Shaun Harrison
Translated and modified by Fantome et David, Lafter