Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version climate flap servo

Club XM Forum > Self Help Files
mako
Hi, all

servos for all three climate control flaps have stucked one by one.

went over many posts about failed valeo servos, I have replaced them. For the last one (recirculation flap), I just put the old servo which had already been detached from direction flap for the same failure. As you may know, a Brand-new costs a fortune.

Strangely enough, all removed Valeos ran just on a 3 or 4 volt DC. I guessed these faults were due to the loosely housed motors inside the unit and they only needed tight fixation.

a month ago, direction flap stopped again ! a brand-new valeo servo lasted only half a year. not like before, after being removed, it didn't run on 6 volt DC. finally caught red handed.

user posted image
As has been pointed out, there was some metal dusts inside the motor, and it's electrical instability may have confused me.

not familiar with repairing dead motors, I put a new and almost the same specification motor into the unit. It costs only 50 Japanese yens.

Now my revived servo seems to work more powerful and faster than before, while motor sounds a little bigger.

I will watch how long it will last.
robertmnorton
Hi Mako, for info, motors are rated at nominal 7.5Vdc.
robertm
eXeM
The Valeo flap servo motors, when dismantled, appear to be very poorly made, rather like the kind of motor you would get in a kid's toy. Sadly, the XM and some other Cits were badly let down by quality issues in parts which failed when a few extra pounds here and there would have made them reliable. A £22K -£30K car shouldn't have such issues in my opinion.
mako
Hi, Robert

QUOTE (robertmnorton @ )
Hi Mako, for info, motors are rated at nominal 7.5Vdc.
robertm

certainly, the servos are marked with something like "7v" on it.
but my this failed motor didn't run at all on 7.5 v.

as far as I experienced before, they seem to run just on 3-4v while alive
mako
QUOTE (eXeM @ )
A £22K -£30K car shouldn't have such issues in my opinion.

I agree.
when I browsed for information about valeo servos, 4 rings people seemed to be tortured like us.

valeo, valeo,,, seems so popular around, why are they valeo ?
xmexclusive
Hi Mako

Can you identify the actual motor you bought and the suppliers details.
That would help a lot.

Best regards

John
mako
Hi, John

I just came across this motor in Osaka Nipponbasi electric town (like Akihabara in Tokyo). not sure If it could fit the Valeo, didn't ask them about who was the supplier.

I am to vist Osaka next Thursday.
I will ask the shop about details.

Shin
mako
Hi, John

the maker is MABUCHI MOTOR CO., LTD.
http://www.mabuchi-motor.co.jp/en_US/index.html

the shop is
http://digit.kyohritsu.com/

I could not identify the product number in their websites, so I visited the shop and asked the shop assistant, but he knew nothing. the product itself has no number on it.

the tag says only "DC motor with worm gear" (more expensive than I remember)
user posted image
xmexclusive
Thank you for details and photo.

John
mako
Hi, all

I have finally identified the number of the motor.

FC-280SA-17182A

but google search could't find this product. it only could find the FC-280SA(witout worm gear).

SHIN
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here .
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.
Adapted by Shaun Harrison
Translated and modified by Fantome et David, Lafter