Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version Underframe

Club XM Forum > Wanted!
Siegi64
Dear forum members!
My XM 2,5 has problems with rust on the underframe. Are there any old stocks, used ones or replicas to be bought? In Austria it is forbidden tho weld or to repair the frames so I am afraid that in future we will get a problem in running our XM´s.
Is there any need on new manufactured frames if htere ar no replicas on the market?
Best regards!
Siegfried
Peter.N.
Hi Siegfried and welcome to the forum

I doubt that you will be able to get a new one but its just possible that a reasonable second hand one my be available, check on ebay for ones being broken, assuming they allow the fitting of second hand parts, never heard of not being allowed to weld the car, what happens in the case of accident damage?

Peter
xmexclusive
Hello Siegfried

I think it must be either the front or rear subframe that your car has corrosion problems with.
Only Citroen may possibly still hold new components.
For used components car breakers in southern France may be best.
Very little corrosion as no road salt is used.

I have had a corrosion problem with a 2.5 front subframe.
It was failed on the mandatory annual inspection.
The tester classed the subframe as a suspension component so arc weld repair not permitted.
I took the car to an accident repair shop.
The rusted plate was spot welded when manufactured.
The repair shop made a new plate and fitted by spot welding.
The car then passed the inspection.

Best regards

John
Peter.N.
I'm obviously behind with my legislation unsure.gif

Peter
xmexclusive
Hi Peter

I did not think the testers decision was correct but decided not to waste time
and effort on a challange.
That would have required me to leave the car un used and unrepaired until resolved.

John
Jan-hendrik
Perfect sub frame for sale here:
http://page2.auctions.yahoo.co.jp/jp/aucti...8371#enlargeimg
kenhall1202
Looks a bargain at 130 odd quid at his BIN price (UK exchange rates) plus unknown cost and hassle of getting it home of course!!
I see the seller is offering the remaining XM V6 parts on Japanese Yahoo.

Ken
Jan-hendrik
I've bought some parts off this seller. Front struts with perfect tops, hydractive block, pressure regulator, rear muffler with pipes, air distribution flap motor. And some other bits. Very reasonable prices. Trustworthy seller.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here .
Invision Power Board © 2001-2026 Invision Power Services, Inc.
Adapted by Shaun Harrison
Translated and modified by Fantome et David, Lafter