Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version Loss of power(xud11ate 2.1 tdInjection)

Club XM Forum > XM General Issues
micjohn
My xud11ate engine loss power after moving for about 2 to 3 minutes always lose power,i was advised to block off the egr pipe which i have not done cause i could not relate what the egr has tpo do with engine loss of power under load,another suggestion came for me to check the turbo if its bad,pls can all this cause loos of power i am a petrol/gasoline techie but on other model of cars i just bought the XM cheap off a prospective buyer then i need to know the crankhaft timing point as i will like to change the timming belt i have seen the cam and pump in the manual but the crankshaft was not specified. Thanks for swift anticipated response.
Peter.N.
Hi and welcome to the forum

My first thought would be air in the fuel system, what pump does it have? mine have all been Bosch mechanical which never go wrong but if its a late one with an EPIC pump they are very sensitive to air in the fuel.

The flywheel TDC point can be located behind the starter, its easy to see with the starter removed but you can use a length of thick wire or thin rod bent into the shape of a starting handle and feed it along behind the starter, its not to difficult to locate if you make it the right shape. Once you have found the hole, slowly rotate the engine until you feel the wire/rod drop in, it will lock the flywheel at TDC.

Peter
kenhall1202
Suggest a new fuel filter before getting too involved - any idea when it was last changed?

Ken
Peter.N.
I would go along with that.

Peter
robertmnorton
Hi all, the XUDate variant were Bosch pumps, and as previous check fuel filter, also fuel tank pick up strainer. Also try running with the fuel filler cap off to check the tank is venting ok.
robertm
micjohn
pls do i need to remove the kickstarter or i i cann get it via the small space behing the starter motor,and pls can the egr and turbo cause loss of power on this engine? i can see u have a broad idea about this engine.

Thanks.
micjohn
and pls can i time the engine crankshaft pully i see a point on it but it does not correspond with the flywheel key unlike other cars that have the tdc configured on the crankshaft pully key.
Norman
I Had a similar problem on mine put you foot down slowly and it would speed up put your foot down quickly and it would not pull the skin of a rice pudding and the lexia showed no faults, spoke to my citroen mechanic and he found that the pipe to the turbo had come off the actuating valve. pushed it back on and reclipped it. now it goes like a train again.

Regards,
Norman biggrin.gif
micjohn
which is the actuating valve and the hose, sothat i can check it.

thanks.
Norman
I Will try to put 2 pics up for you
My Webpage
My Webpage

hope this works

Norman
micjohn
thanks norman but mine i guess is a diesel this perhaps is a petrol engine connection and my actuating valve might be inside the mecanical pump i suggest
techmanagain
As it is almost certainly a fuel supply fault, I would first look to the pickup unit in the top of the fuel tank (accessed under the rear seat) as it may be partially clogged with gunge from one owner experimenting with used cooking oil or suchlike. This could also be giving trouble at the fuel filter (beside the battery). Sounds as if a good cleanout with new diesel would be beneficial.
Norman
If You read my signiture you will see mine is a diesel,

Regards,
Norman biggrin.gif
micjohn
i will check but what i see is that it will raise well on standstill but on motion it will tend to lose gradual acceleration i am saying this to open up more to sems u are techie.
Thanks .
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here .
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.
Adapted by Shaun Harrison
Translated and modified by Fantome et David, Lafter