Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version greetings and thanks from JAPAN

Club XM Forum > Introductions
mako

Hi, all.
 I have owned two Xms, both are 2000 24v, the first was auto, failed at 81k miles, and now I am enjoying manual gear box, more powerful, exciting, reliable. I bought it 5years ago with 53k miles on it, and now 114k miles.
I didn’t know that auto box had better not be touched, and have overlooked her “go home” mode blinking snow sign. Some mechanic made a big fuss searching for a dipstick wacko.gif which is not to be with my ex-Xm.
 Still, I really miss that perfect comfort, and wish l had come across this excellent site before losing my auto Xm.

First of all, I would like to pay tribute to fairly friendly and helpful bunch of you all.
 I’m now running on my present Xm around Japan without major problems, owe a great deal to your great archive here, especially Roy for ecrofting kit, and George for hydro flush.

so happy to own Xm, the final fortune of the 20th century, as some Japanese so aptly praised.
user posted image
宮崎駿
 I’m especially impressed by Xm' s behavior on speed bumps, when it lies flat in a flash and firmly holds the road, afterwards relaxes; its just like riding on an wild cat ? Although that may disappoint people who have ever owned CXs and DSs, I think that’s an outstanding feature of the Xm’s concept.

on the other hand, poor front struts are guillotines, someday my xm also will be sentenced in the near future .

user posted image
anyway,
I hope this site will develop more and more, and im glad if I could contribute to xm lovers here.

best regards

SHIN
mtxm
Welcome to the site Shin and it is good to hear there are other XM fans in Japan, although you might find a bit more activity on www.club-xm.co.uk/forum. With regards, Matthew T.
noz
Matthew,

I'd like you to consider for a moment your last post. Take time to think through the logic of your actions.

You have a free login to this site by virtue of the fact that I pay the hosting costs for this site and permit (almost) anyone to join and use the resource for free and contribute to it, of course, where possible. By paying for it myself I can then choose not to have advertising on the site which I feel would completely ruin it. I hope you would agree. When you yourself come here looking for help you are never turned away and I myself have helped you on a number of occasions.

I think the formula works quite well. People seem to like it.

So here we have you answering and welcoming a new member and in your first message to them you are telling them that this site isn't busy enough for your liking and directing them to another site. Think about the logic of that for a second. If you drive the traffic from this site to another what do you think will happen to this site's traffic? Is it likely to improve? No? So isn't that statement self-fulfilling? So if this site isn't busy enough for you why don't you write some intersting articles or self-help files and contribute to increasing the site traffic instead of directing it away?

Some people's sheer and utter selfishness not to mention stupidity never ceases to amaze me.

noz sad.gif
noz
Oh, sorry, my sincere apologies Mako. You are very welcome at club-xm.com. I trust you will find it rewarding here with lots of like-mined peple who are only too willing to lend a hand to keep your treasure on the road.

I do hope you are in a part of Japan not too badly affected by Fukushima. I read today that the last of your 54 nuclear reactors has been turned off due to public protests and they seem unlikely to be switched back on, at least in the near future. I rely on Arnie Gunderson at www.fairewinds.com for all my Fukushima info. He's much more trustworthy than any of the main stream media.

All the best,

noz cool.gif
mako
Noz,

I am ashamed and really sorry for my thoughtlessness sad.gif , and will do what I have to do, although any of my experiences so far may have nothing new.

by the way, thank you for speed sensor trouble before. it has never relapsed since then.
another 24v auto box of my friend has failed recently, on top of that, his overhauled box is now suffering from a awfully rough change between 1st and 2nd gear. I searched through club-xm, and notified him of the topic where engine speed sensor was suggested as a point.
Here in Japan, most autos of late 24v Xms seem to die around 60k miles.

and thank you for your concern about Fukushima, outputs of international media including BBC has turned out to be right regarding evacuation zone as a typical example. Again, this weekend, friends of mine are going to Fukushima on a CITROEN as volunteers. Asunaro, a member of here, also is one of them.
anyway I will vist Arnie's sight, tonight.

thank you a lot

best regards
SHIN
noz
Hi Shin,

You are more than welcome. However, my first post above was directed towards Matthew and not to yourself. You have nothing to apologise for.

Cheers

noz cool.gif
mtxm
Apologies Noz, no offence intended and I was just describing the situation as it exists! I think most XM enthusiasts are happy to use both sites as I do and I was only trying to be helpful. I have never before been described as 'selfish' and 'stupid', but there is always a first time I suppose. If you do not mind me saying so, that sort of language and over reaction are hardly likely to endear the site to newcomers either. I am afraid to say that I will not be logging on again myself in a hurry. Regards, Matthew T.
mako
Noz and Matthew,

I'm sorry for having triggerd this kind of affair,
but i think either site is so fabulous that We Japanese envy your situation, have never seen such well organized and substantial sites among our Japanese sites.

Here in Japan, authorized dealers imported only V6 xms through production years. regarding my late 24v model, only about 300 were sold in Japan, inevitably we are struggling with poor informations and parts, especially upcoming front struts problems.

happy to see UK people also really loving french cars.

best regards
SHIN
Zaphod
Oh wwith regards to the front strut mountings..

search for KINGAS he runs a company that can rebuild them in polyurethane but he is in eastern europe. The reuslt is no harder than the original but less prone to rotting like the original rubber. He also carries out a modification to prevent them breaking up totally and wreaking the bonnet should they fail
mako
Hi, Zaphod

I really appreciate your information.

couldn't find the topic concerning KINGAS through this huge library, but now noticed it now.

I will contact KINGAS, and ask if he can ship his item to the Far East, Japan.
wishing your information would be a good news for Japanese XM enthusiasts.

I have searched in eBay, only a few used front strut mounts have been presented nowadays. My favorite Spanish seller finally gave up supplying genuine ones.

best regards

SHIN
mako
Hi all.

I have to correct my mention about auto boxes in my first message.

4HP20 has no wear indicator. I've noticed Derek's previous topic.

I have mentioned incorrectly my ex-xm's snow mode lighted.
I dont know wthat that was for, but now can accept my lost auto's death was unpreventable.
duke
QUOTE (mtxm @ )
Apologies Noz, no offence intended and I was just describing the situation as it exists!  I think most XM enthusiasts are happy to use both sites as I do and I was only trying to be helpful.  I have never before been described as 'selfish' and 'stupid', but there is always a first time I suppose.  If you do not mind me saying so, that sort of language and over reaction are hardly likely to endear the site to newcomers either.  I am afraid to say that I will not be logging on again myself in a hurry.  Regards, Matthew T.

Trust me Matthew having met you, you're far from 'selfish' or 'stupid'!

As I run a forum myself I know that it can be difficult to attract traffic at time, however Matthew was, as mentioned, just pointing out the current situation in regards to the state of play of the two XM Forums. If he said something along the lines "You don't want to use this forum, you want to use the .co.uk site instead", they I'd agree. But he didn't...

Anyhow, welcome to the forum Shin and that's a nice looking car you've got there especially being a V6 too.
xmexclusive
Hi Franklin

I too have met and dealt with Matthew for a good number of years now.
I am also well aware that he only meant to be helpful to Shin.
Unfortunately this is a particularly sensitive area for both the XM sites.
I assume from your post that you are not aware of the history.
This is the original site and well used for a number of years.
Noz ran the forum for its original owner.
Unfortunately the owner moved on from XM's leaving the site in a working limbo.
Despite Noz's significant efforts the site started to suffer failure problems.
These got progressively worse eventually failing completely.
For Noz it was not just the software to sort out but also to first obtain legal ownership of the site and its contents. This took much longer than expected.
After a few months a few of us were meeting on FCF and commiserating about all that lost XM data.
We decided that a holding chat site ought to be set up ready to transfer the recent data when the original site came back up.
This led to the second site being launched and explains why it has only chat and no fancy front end.
By the time that this site re-emerged the other site had been running so long that it had established its own identity.
As a result the two sites have never come back to a single one.
In my opinion the XM community needs the data on both sites and we should avoid actions that disturb the status quo.
If I find that I have the power I will now lock this post to further comments.

John
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here .
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.
Adapted by Shaun Harrison
Translated and modified by Fantome et David, Lafter