Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version 2.5 Estate For Sale (1997)

Club XM Forum > Sadly it has to go...
rg
A very reluctant sale due to a change in family and business circumstances. In Stockton on Tees.

'97 2.5 estate green. 176K as at 13/12/11. FSH. I am the second owner, and have done most of the work myself.

MOT until September 2012. Tax until August 2012 (to be confirmed)

Has had inner sills and various area at rear welded in recent times, and now admired as "solid" by its regular MOT tester. He did weld it himself, however...

Recent spheres all-round (in last 3K) so now riding better than ever.

Recent exhaust and Cat. that should last it to 200K and beyond. Main front-rear pipe runs (and the vulnerable bits) repiped with copper. Pinion valve and seal replaced.

Strut tops replaced around 20K ago, and currently sound.

Battery and glow plugs barely 10 months old. No starting issues.

A few niggles, some of which I may be able to sort before sale, or come to an agreement over.

ABS light on - codes read. Points to possible rear sensors or connections to green relay.

Headlamp washer cover missing on one side. Nozzle missing on the other.

Airbag light illuminated since welding done. Codes read and recorded. Open circuit to igniter, so suspect wiring fault.

Left-hand display unreadable. Some bulbs out behind right-hand display. Heater dial shaft cracked.

All of the dash issues may be sorted in one go, as they are in the same general area.

My independent engineer reckons that they rear ABS sensor air gap may be compromised, and this may clear the fault (they cleared it for a while after reading the codes).

I'm struggling for time to do these at the moment, but the car is basically sound in the major areas, and I was looking forward to getting it past 200K and beyond, and it has been maintained with that aim.

There are a few minor bodywork "dings", but nothing ugly and disfiguring, just what you'd expect for a car nearly 14 years old.

Please contact via govierrrob at gmail dot com in the first instance. I can supply further service history from records as required.

Rob

rg
Update.

It's now at 192K. There is a problem with the track rod knuckle in the rack, plus a rumbling wheel bearing (a new one comes with it).

Please pm me if interested.

A reluctant parting...

r
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here .
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.
Adapted by Shaun Harrison
Translated and modified by Fantome et David, Lafter