Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version Xantia V6

Club XM Forum > Xantia
roly
Hi I'm new to this site, having owned two XM's a BX in the past and a Xantia V6 needless to say I a bit of a Citroen fan. I'm having a problem with the Xantia v6 at present. The warning light in temp gauge+stop lamps stay alight but the temperature gauge is just under 80c as usual, and the coolant level is OK. Also the fans stay on for a long time after switch off.
Having read my Haynes Xantia general manual (no Haynes manual for V6), it appears to be a faulty Bitron sensor, but I don't know where that is on the engine or radiator. So have a few questions.
1) Where is the bitron sensor in the engine bay?
2) Where can I purchase a Xantia V6 manual?
3) Any other ideas relating to my problem.
One last bit of information. This fault is intermittent, and the problem is not always there and the car works OK for a few days.
I hope somebody can shed a light on my problem.

Rolyh
davetherave
No idea about the problems, but take a look at www.frenchcarforum.co.uk.
Lots of knowledge about the xantia v6 over there.
Dave
roly
Thanks davetherave,
There is loads of information on this sight; relating to my problem.

rolyh
citroenxm
It is ONLY when you switch the Air Con On????

These lights also relate to faulty Cooling Fan ralys... which I guess this is what it is.. Its common on Xantias...

Remove the grill, and between the fans theres a triangular box, remove the top and there three relays, remove each one and check for a corroded or bad connection to the relays...

PAul
roly
Thank you citoenxm,
I have tried this, and it makes no difference the fans still run fast and the water temp gauge light and stop stay on.
There aircon is not as good as it used to be. Could the fault be low pressure in the aircon condenser that is causing the pressure switch no to make?
Having read various themes on this subject it seems to point to the bitron temperature sensor.
Do you have any idea where it is on the Xantia v6?
As the fault is intermittent it might be worth cleaning the contacts of this and the relays.

Rolyh
Howey
Hi,
Does anybody know where the Bitron densor is on a Xantia V6?

Rolyh
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here .
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.
Adapted by Shaun Harrison
Translated and modified by Fantome et David, Lafter