Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version hello from the other side

Club XM Forum > Anything goes chat
Gav
I thought i should write to say hello again after leaving the fold a couple of years ago. I used to own a 2.5td exclusive which, it has to be said, is by far the best car i have ever owned. It had all the toys and numerous accessories which had been collected from various 'doner' cars over the years i owned it - even the infamous headlight washer pop ups, not that the HID lights needed them.

It just got too small. Three kids... and a wife who wanted a more practical people carrier.

since selling the car i have seen very few XMs around. But i did spot one the other day which promted me to write this. Its good to see this forum still going strong which means there are still XMs out there somewhere. That and top gear mentioning howmanyleft.co.uk website. Only 44 XM exclusive TD left...

so i went for something nearly as unique and striking.

something bigger. A chrysler 300 estate with galactic mileage to match my old XM. Unfortunately its black so it is rather affectionately known to my collegues as the hearse. It does fit a std height house door in the back with ease so i guess it could have a alternate use. It might be bigger (a good ft longer than even an XM estate I think) but, predictably for an american import, its ride is rubbish and the interior is.. well lets just say not as plush as an exclusive.

maybe for my next car i will compromise on size and go for luzury again. maybe even one of the rare beasts a c6 if they get cheaper with the higher mileage.

well, all the best XMing... i can only fondly remember.
marc61
Hi Gav

Twas me that bought your XM. It lasted until 208,000 miles, then head gasket went. Decided after much fuss not to repair but used it as donor for another 2.5 that I bought as lower mileage replacement needing MOT. It was a very good car. The lights, alloys, sunroof, front struts, radiator, speakers etc live on in a black one coming up to 125,000 miles.

Good to hear from you. Time to go and get an old Citroen again!!

Cheers

Marc
Zaphod
Ahh I think I have bits from this XM... like the seats and cd changer!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here .
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.
Adapted by Shaun Harrison
Translated and modified by Fantome et David, Lafter