biggrin.gif Hi all.
Just bought another XM. I live full time in France and found the car on an expat site called TotalFrance. It is a petrol 2 litre turbo auto VSX. Colour is a deep blue non metallic which I had not seen before but 2 online roadtests show cars in that colour. Externally I would describe as very good to excellent, wheel trims are unmarked.
Internally, I would describe as near mint, it has intact working cover to keypad, radio and oddment flaps both work, upholstery, carpet and headlining unmarked.
Dipping mirror when reverse selected works and aircon is nice and cold (temp here today is 36 centigrade.
Minor points are colour fading on the light and wiper stalks (same as my estate), left hand pixel display shows only dots and lines and radio display does not illuminate.
The car is RHD but fully French registered. It was first reg in UK in March 2000 so one of the last built I would think although the 4 digit code of manufacture is not present neither stencil or label. It is a hatchback with the 13th(?) pane of glass.
It came with full 2 year French MOT done in May this year and only observation was a slight exhaust blow.
Now the gamble, it came with no history prior to it's time in France. The radiator nearest the engine looks new, the atf looks OK but how you check level on it's
dipstick beats me. I will change oil and filter as a matter of course.
I will post specific queries in relevant sections but would welcome any general
comments on this model. Finally, price. I paid 1500 euros including delivery. Sean.