Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version Need to charge battery, cant get in to my car!

Club XM Forum > Self Help Files
ludde44

Hey!

My car battery i discharged, and to charge it I need to open the hood to my xm. The keys don't work and the remote locking obviously doesn't work without electricity. Does anyone know how I can get my battery out without breaking a window or destroying locks etc?

/Ludde
xmexclusive
Hi Ludde

If you lay under the bumper of the car you can look up through a gap and see the front of the cooling fans. Make sure the car is safely supported before you do this as hydraulic citroens have a habit of dropping without warning.
Over the top of those fans you will see a thin rod running across the car at top of headlight level. That rod joins and operates the two bonnet release catches. Using a pair of long thin nosed pliars grip the rod and pull it sideways.
That should release the bonnet.
Charge or change the battery and the plip should work.

John

Peter.N.
If by chance you have a tow bar you can charge it via the permantly live supply pin and earth of the power socket.

Peter
ludde44
Hi!

Thanks a lot for the answer, worked out great!
xmexclusive
Hi Ludde

Pleased you got in with no damage.
Also pleased you asked the question because Peters reply was new information for me.

John
Jan-hendrik
There are 3 doors (that includes the hatch) giving access to the vehicle with a key. If none of the locks are working that is definitely uncool. I always use the plip with the master key attached and also always carry a spare key in my wallet, so I won't be locked out that easily. All my locks work with the keys. Hmm. A bit OT perhaps.
Anyway, if anything happens to your plip, drop it in a puddle, step on it, batteries suddenly dead, you are in real deep you-know-what user posted image
Nixim
And not to forget, exercise your locks regularly, since they have a habit to oxidise and become useless. Well you always can try to take them out and apart to clean them.. sometimes you manage.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here .
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.
Adapted by Shaun Harrison
Translated and modified by Fantome et David, Lafter