Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version Hello

Club XM Forum > Introductions
justinlee
Hi there, i'm fairly new to citroens and would like to know more about the XM because I've had fond memories of it as a kid.

Hoping to have a great time with you guys here.

Cheers!
Peter.N.
Hi Justin

Welcome to the club. If you want to know about XMs you have come to the right place.

In my opinion the XM is the best car in the world for me, well one in particular and that's the 2.1 td manual estate. They all give a superb ride and have lots of room and comfort but the estates are cavernous and the 2.1 will return in excess of 50 mpg if driven with restraint.

Your requirements may be different but there are plenty of models to choose from although they are all getting very scarce now, 2.1s particularly.

You really need to be a DIY type to be able to run one economically, they can be expensive to have repaired and some spares are getting to be in short supply now but on the plus side they are un electronic enough to be able to repair them yourself.

There are lots of people on here do and have experience of all the different models so just ask.

Peter
red_dwarfers
Hi Justin, welcome to the forum.

I second Peter, the 2.1 TD Manual is a seriously torquey beast!

Not many about these days though, far too scary for most rolleyes.gif
dean
Hi Justin and welcome to the forum.

As the others have said XM's are starting to get fairly rare now and prices are on the up as a result.
The XM is a very striking car and a competent cruiser too.

D
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here .
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.
Adapted by Shaun Harrison
Translated and modified by Fantome et David, Lafter