Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version Driver's Airbag

Club XM Forum > XM General Issues
Pavesa
The drivers airbag on my XM was supposed to have been serviced in 2004. As we're approaching 2006, I wonder if anyone can shed any light on whether this is really important to have done? I suppose it partly depends on whether you are an optimist or a pessimist!

Thanks

Andrew
Niek
Hello Pavesa,

I think the general consensus (even dealers) is not to bother. Besides I also read somewhere (maybe google around for a little) that these service intervals had been increased to 15 years instead of 10.
I've got the same sticker in the door frame you have I guess (also 2004) but am certainly not bothering (always optimistic cool.gif )

Cheers,
Niek
Pavesa
Hi Niek

thanks for the feedback. One of those things; you're always loath to skimp on security but ... if the recommendation now is 15 years, that's fine. It's never been used so far of course!

Thanks

Andrew
mackay1
Hi All,

Please see attached letter from Citroen UK confirming that the replacement cycle for XM airbags and seatbelt pyrotechnic pre-tensioners has been extended from 10 to 15 years - so no-one need worry about this until at least 2009!

Roy
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here .
Invision Power Board © 2001-2022 Invision Power Services, Inc.
Adapted by Shaun Harrison
Translated and modified by Fantome et David, Lafter