Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version two xm's being broken in our yard

Club XM Forum > Seen at the scrappies...
xhp
hello

sorry if im slightly double posting from the "available" part of the forum

our garage, which mostly fixes xm's and other citroens, also has a small breaking section for cars that were just to far gone to save.

the two are.

A series 2, turbo ct, estate, in dark blue. it still has its engine, automatic gearbox, most of its hydro's and body, the dash has gone along with most of the front of the car, but the rest is still there.

A series 1, 2.1 td, hatchback, in dark maroon. its quite striped now, but still has some parts left for the taking.

we are in chatham, kent, about 30 minutes from the dartford bridge, the garage is called Medway Citroen.

the phone number is 01634 849609

thanks
remy
techmanagain
I am trying to organise a repair/refurbishment system for XM strut tops and would like you to earmark for me the strut-tops (and their struts) from the Series 1 in particular (because of the total unavailability from Citroen), and in addition the strut-tops (at least) for the S2.
If you would remove them all for my collection, I could arrange collection by myself (probably) and re-imburse you not only for the units, but also the labour entailed. (Subject to an agreed fee!)
Should you wish to contact me, please email me at brian.primmer@btinternet.com.
xhp
hello

I had a look on our cars and im afraid all the strut tops have been sold now, but when we next get an xm in for breaking we will let you know.

thanks
remy
techmanagain
Many thanks for your response.. I do think that someone should take the plunge and get a sample of the two different versions of the strut tops (Series 1 & 2) and keep them available for part-exchanging. A small charge could be added to the reconditioning costs (which I have identified) for the facility to be available to alkl XM owners.
I am currently offering to do thaat on behalf of all XM owners. There are too many XMs being scrapped for lack of parts availablity from Citroen.
xmexclusive
Hi Techmanagain

I am getting a batch of heads ready to send over next week.
Will probably send all the defective ones I can find.
At the moment that looks like 3 large strut hole type and 4 small hole type.
If the roads clear a bit I may be able to search out some more.
The large hole ones are for my 2.5's and I will get them all made as UK drivers side.
That will show me that hand change works and matches my short term needs.
I do not have a use for the small type but it seems a pity not to send them.
I think they suit hydractive Mk1's and the early/small engined Mk2's.

John
citroenxm
QUOTE (xmexclusive @ )

I do not have a use for the small type but it seems a pity not to send them.
I think they suit hydractive Mk1's and the early/small engined Mk2's.

John

biggrin.gif wink.gif

LOL....

John, Ill buy two from you for my 2.1 SED, which when I come to restoring her back, will need some, she is desperate now as she is...

Paul

techmanagain
Recharge or replace the front spheres while you wait fo the recon, mounts. It will possibly help things a bit.
citroenxm
Ummm... could do, current spheres are fine, however, the tops are really bad, the rubber is all pushed out underneath from corrosion of the meatal tops, inside the rubber.. Shes currently resting now, awaiting restoration of some sort...

Paul
xmexclusive
Hi Paul

Seen your post, sorry not to reply earlier.
The 7 strut heads are made up in a rather heavy parcel ready for the carrier to collect.
I am hoping we will get a full photographic record as these are refurbished.
Now being asked if there is any interest here in refurbishing dual mass flywheels.
That is a bit outside my area of interest but I will ask for some details to be put on the sites.

John
Invader
Sorry if this is a reply to an old ad but just in case you still have some parts available for an XM - I`m after a set of door locks (with key obviously) initially plus some trim bits as well. If you`ve still got some things left I`ll give you a call to discuss. Thanks Paul
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here .
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.
Adapted by Shaun Harrison
Translated and modified by Fantome et David, Lafter