Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version Hi From Ireland

Club XM Forum > Introductions
spannernut
As of yet i don't own an XM but i am considering buying 1 of 2 i know of.
the first issue is there is a code needed to start it,but he doesn't have it for the better 1 of the 2.
second the reason i'm interested in the xm is as i'm led to believe it has the masserati v6 motor in it.
third i own 2 porshe 924 1 is on the road the other i am in the process of restoring,now this is where the MX comes in ,my intentions are to use as much of the XM as i can on the porsche 924,ie the engine wiring loom ,some of the interior.
be interested to hear any thoughts,suggestions on my plan
noz
Hi spannernut,

Welcome to club-xm. If you do get yourself an XM you'll find a bunch of really helpful people here who will help keep your car on the road and reduce those dreaded garage bills.

Unfortunately, I know of no way to read or reset the code in the ecu. Maybe someone else who reads this may be able to shed some light on it. Can you describe what happens to the red and green lights on the keypad for the one without the code? One of my 2.5TD's has the code bypassed and starts without it.

Sorry to rain on your maserati parade but you've got your Citroen models mixed up. The model which had the Maserati engine was called the SM not the XM. I used to have one. It was the carburretor model with manual box. Unfortunately, I no longer have it. I'm not sure if that scuppers the XM transplant project but there are several significant hurdles in any case. The porche engine (I believe) is axial whereas all XM engines are transverse. I'm not sure how you would change that. The other issue is one of space. Is the proche engine not a flat four?

Why not just buy the XM and leave it as an XM? Its a much better car than the porche rolleyes.gif

Sorry I couldn't be of more help.

cheers

noz cool.gif
spannernut
thanks for that,incidently the porsche has a upright 4 cylinder,and there is plenty of room for virtually any transplant,but i may do as you suggest.
noz
Oh, well. You learn something new every day.

Cheers

noz cool.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here .
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.
Adapted by Shaun Harrison
Translated and modified by Fantome et David, Lafter