Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version Hello All

Club XM Forum > Introductions
hobblerian
Just a quick hello from far east Norfolk. Thought it would be nice to join up as I discovered this place while hunting parts for my XM. I had a quick read and picked up some helpful info, so thanks to all that post!!

I'm on my 2nd XM, both 2.1TD, H reg. and now a P. I loved the first so much I just went straight out and got another. Just changed all spheres (except anti sink) and its back to being a joy to drive.

So thanks again for the useful tips, came in very handy in the above job!

Ian
Peter.N.
Hi Ian

Welcome to the club. I,m pleased to see you have the best model smile.gif if its manual , even better biggrin.gif I think you will find all you need to know on here to keep it going and maybe impart some words of wisdon yourself. Enjoy your car.

Peter.N.
hobblerian
Thank you very much for the welcome, yes it is a manual biggrin.gif 97-P VSX Hatch. Been very happy with both XMs, although the first suffered a casting crack in the engine and let oil into the water system, this was after 190000 miles though so not too unhappy. My current XM has yet to hit 80000 so plenty of scope for a long and happy motoring life to come.
Peter.N.
The last one I sold had covered 292,000 when I sold it, all original apart from the head gasket, although the clutch was just beginning to slip ohmy.gif so you should have a fair few miles yet.

One of mine had the oil in water problem, never did find out what it was, probably the same problem as yours.

'P' reg 2.1 manuals are quite rare, they were nearly all auto's after Jan '96 'N's'
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here .
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.
Adapted by Shaun Harrison
Translated and modified by Fantome et David, Lafter