Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version 2.5 Injectors

Club XM Forum > Diesel Specific Issues
xmexclusive
Hi All

A good while ago there was considerable discussion because Noz had identified that according to the Citroen workshop manual the 2.5 TD injector with the electrical lead used a different spec injector nozzel than the other three injectors. Came across an explanation for the difference today while looking through a PUG 605 2.5 TD engine booklet.

Injector type DNOS D316 for All 4 Injectors for Germany

Injector type DNOS D312 for All 4 Injectors EXCEPT Germany

John
broyty
Hi john noz is right the injector with the lead has a different injector holder as cotroen call it KCE 30 S7 the other three are KCE 30 S5
injectors 1.2and 4 are DNOSD312 injector 3 is DNOSD316
also injectors 1.2.and 4 are coded with a yellow mark injector 3 has no code mark as it has the electrical lead fitted

cheers

Mick
xmexclusive
Hi Mick

Interesting. The Pug injectors are KCE 30 S9 and have a white mark. Will have another look at Noz's original post and see if I can find anything more in the rest of the Pug documentation.

John
xmexclusive
Hi All

Now I have reread the original injector posting I think I will add to that posting when I get the time and let this one lapse.

Hi Mick

I have had a look at the bit of the Citroen workshop manual you mentioned and understand what it says. Noz was originally looking to understand the logic behind Citroen using two different types of nozzel in a single set of injectors. He though it strange and at total variance with accepted diesel engine practice. A check on a factory set of XM 2.5 injectors had found DNOSD316 nozzels fitted to all 4 injectors despite this being at variance with the manual. I thought the extra bit of information from the PUG manual worth reporting as it seems that PUG fitted the DNOSD316 nozzels in engines that were expected to sustain 100mph plus speeds on the German Autobahn's.

John

broyty
Hi John the answer to the different nozzle numbers is on page 7 of publication no 146-00/9, in that the nozzles are themselvs the same but it is the needles that are different and as the needle/nozzle assy come as a matched pair this is where the two numbers come from, as the pressure settings are the same for both types as are the hole size and spray pattern.
It may be possible to fit 4 of std type as i have done many times to 1.9 xantia td engines when the knock sensor fails all we do is fit a second hand std injector in place of the knock sensor it keeps our customers happy and puts the light out all they do is give a bit more diesel knock on warmup once warm no difference is found no engine management light on it just puts a permanent code in the ecu.

In racing and extremly high boost situations i have seen 4 knock sensor injectors used with bespoke ecu's to monitor the running of each cylinder and adjust the timing and fueling to all cylinders so as to not blow the engine up but as for road use i think this kind of system would be a tad expensive but anything is possible for the germans
Mick

This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here .
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.
Adapted by Shaun Harrison
Translated and modified by Fantome et David, Lafter