Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version The Diesel Preheater Lamp Doesn't Turn On

Club XM Forum > Diesel Specific Issues
selfote44
This is my first post here; sorry for my english

One month ago I buy a XM 2.5 TD. This lamp always turn on when i put the key in the M position, but two days before i didn't see any light there, as today. the wheather is less cold (Spain) in these days. I don't know if this is a problem or only is cold depend.

Sergio.
Peter.N.
Hi Sergio

Welcome to the club, you'r english is fine. Your problem could be a bad connection on the cold start relay, or that the system is not working. To test, connect a voltmeter between one of the glow plug connections and earth on the engine or chassis, you should have a reading of 12 volts when you turn the key into the 'glow plug' positition which should last for 10 or 15 seconds.

Peter.N.
onthecut
Hi Sergio

The duration of the lamp does vary, but it always makes an appearance when I turn the ignition on. If it's warm and I am restarting quickly after turning off, it may only appear for a second or so. If I may add a suggestion to Peter's -- it could be the bulb that's gone.

Mike.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here .
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.
Adapted by Shaun Harrison
Translated and modified by Fantome et David, Lafter