Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version Manual 2.1 Td Estate In Silver With Leather

Club XM Forum > Available!
Pages: 1, 2
Andmcit
Thought that would get your interest Peter.N!!
Does it HAVE to be a s2 though? They seem to rust a lot easier than s1's! sad.gif

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/1993-CITROEN-XM-ESTA...emZ180335889266

Andrew
Peter.N.
Hi Andrew

It hadn't escaped my notice. biggrin.gif I wish these people who shout in their adverts would learn to spell. I don't really want a S1, although I must admit that the last couple I have seen have had good bodies, having said that, none of my S2's have any serious rust, just a little round the edge of the back wings on two of them, nothing at all on the others. The only one its noticable on is the white one but a little touching up should get rid of that.

Had it been a bit closer I would have gone and had a look, and then you never know.... unsure.gif

Peter
Andmcit
laugh.gif

Ah yes, but didn't EVERY silver s2 2.1 estate that left the factory only ever come with an autobox
fitted though...

S1's can't be all THAT bad; surely the alleged dodgy electrics got put right a decade ago now?

Andrew
Peter.N.
There are one or two other issues. The 2.1 has modifications to the engine layout, making it easier to work on, it also uses a Bosch pump which is as tough as the rest of the car. I suppose I have just got used to S2's. Oh, and you cant get S1's with a 'YBL' number plate. biggrin.gif

I checked through the registrations and found just two 'YBL' silver manual estates, on of which wasn't taxed so has probably been scrapped, so I dont reckon my chances. Of course there may be some '95's out there. unsure.gif

Peter
Ken newbold
And just for a change, it's NOT a million miles from me! wink.gif
Peter.N.
You'r near 'Button on Trent' are you? biggrin.gif
Ken newbold
That's right, I can easily Zip down the road biggrin.gif
citroenxm
QUOTE (Peter.N. @ Mar 12 2009, 08:41 AM)
There are one or two other issues. The 2.1 has modifications to the engine layout, making it easier to work on, it also uses a Bosch pump which is as tough as the rest of the car. I suppose I have just got used to S2's. Oh, and you cant get S1's with a 'YBL' number plate. biggrin.gif

I checked through the registrations and found just two 'YBL' silver manual estates, on of which wasn't taxed so has probably been scrapped, so I dont reckon my chances. Of course there may be some '95's out there. unsure.gif

Peter

Peter,

S1.5's have Bosch TOO!!!

Lucas mechanical was only on for the first 3 years or so, Ive had 3 s.1.5s in and seen a few on Ebay and they've all had bosch...

SO you need a better excuse then fueling!! laugh.gif laugh.gif

And from K 1993 year, electrics were bolted too, so that wont work either wink.gif

Regards
Paul
colinxm
Mine's a 2.1 manual silver estate, i've even given it a Bosch pump tongue.gif biggrin.gif

I would have prefered a series one though for the dash - a possible future conversion if i happen on a super cheepie with a good interior.

Colin.P
Ken newbold
I think I'll have a bid on this one, needless to say the leather interior would be surplus to requirements if I get it.
iancunningham
Hi

I might have the leather interior if it's surplus...

I'm in Stafford...

Regards

Ian
citroenxm
It is OF COURSE not factory fitted leather, as the carpets are light grey...

Nice, Bosch pump as predicted! tongue.gif wink.gif

Paul
mouseflakes
New owner is selling this car now - gear linkage is now broken. Anyone know how easy / difficult this is to fix (assuming it's a common fault with a common cause)?

Click photo for link to listing...

user posted image
Peter.N.
I was looking that one, if it had been a bit nearer - or anywhere other than London wink.gif I might have gone and had a look. Looks a nice car, don't know about the gearchange though. Do you think you could drive it home in 3rd?
mouseflakes
So, is anyone here bidding on this?

My guess is that it'll be the linkage as descibed here...

http://club-xm.com/forum/index.php?showto...81&hl=rods&st=0

What do you reckon to turning up with some tools and a spare set of rods and being able to drive it away? huh.gif
Pages: 1, 2
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here .
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.
Adapted by Shaun Harrison
Translated and modified by Fantome et David, Lafter