Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version Workshop Manuals

Club XM Forum > XM General Issues
seanbrazendale
Hi

I have just bought an XM Estate Series 2 Estate ORGA 6610 1995 133k miles in England but for permanent use in France. Car ran brilliantly to south of France at 35mpg.

Can anyone recommend a source of workshop manuals? I am aware of Haynes but their manual does not cover the 16v engine. I have downloaded a Citroen manual but it does not really give any descriptive information.

A long shot but I obviously need a pair of lefthand drive headlights. Can anyone help?

This is my second XM, the previous being a series 1 hatchback.

Thanks
Sean
Hello

You will find some headlights on Ebay France could be your best option to get some
I had a look and there were some going off shortly
Has for the joke book leave well alone
If you ask Noz he has a cd for Mk2 with full manuals
hope you get what your looking for
TTFN
seanbrazendale
Thank you.

I'm monitoring E-bay and may have found one headlight. I understand that series 2 LHD headlights were an improvement over series 1 especially on dipped beam.
Are series 1 and 2 headlights interchangeable? I will e-mail Noz on manuals.

Sean
Hi

I am not 100% but 99% that they are the same for the mk1 as the mk2
French ebay has a lot of bits on for xm`s a few cheap cars too

Should be easy to get them in France I would have thought !

Good luck
TTFN
Niek
serie 1 headlights are different from serie 2 headlights. I believe they will fit though, the only difference being the actual design of the lens and the internals (no more plastic inner lens on serie 2 which goes yellowish over time and degrade the light output)

Cheers,
Niek
seanbrazendale
smile.gif Thanks Niek

I had read about the inner plastic lens and how it could be removed to improve light output. I also understand that series2 headlights had improved dipped beam performance but for cost reasons the improvements only applied to LHD headlights.

Regards

Sean
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here .
Invision Power Board © 2001-2022 Invision Power Services, Inc.
Adapted by Shaun Harrison
Translated and modified by Fantome et David, Lafter