Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version Tyre choice - Brand war

Club XM Forum > XM General Issues
rossbell
I'm sure this debate has been had elsewhere... what's the best tyre for an XM? I'm not going to admit to what tyres I've got on my XM (I've owned it for a few weeks, and will replace very soon)... suffice it to say they're neither Michelin nor Pirelli.
noz
Ross,

I'm not sure you can say conclusively without a lot of independent and reasonably scientific research as to which tyre is better than which.

On a purely subjective basis I choose the cheapest tyre above the 'budget' range. The make and model depends on what they have in stock at the time.

It's questionable whether any of us on a day to day basis stress the tyres to the point where the edge of the performance envelope is reached and hence be able to compare one tyre type versus the others. Let's face it you maybe change your tyres once in two years, maybe less for the rears. Can you remember from one two year period to the next how your tyre performance fared?

cheers

noz
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here .
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.
Adapted by Shaun Harrison
Translated and modified by Fantome et David, Lafter