Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version Outside Temp Sender Lies !

Club XM Forum > XM General Issues
Pages: 1, 2
DoubleChevron
The XM's temp sensor is in the mirror, so heat soak from the road (or sun) gets to it. Today when the temperature guage was registering 44-46degrees (yes I sh!t you not, 46degrees at one point... in the shade under the back porch), the XM that was parked in the sun for a short time when my wife went out was dipslaying 54 as the outside temperature !!!

seeya,
Shane L.
DoubleChevron
Well another good test for the XM...... It's temperature guage never moves from 88degrees (thermastat temperature) unless it's towing up a hill... Then it gets upto 95+ degrees.

Well it was damn hot two days ago when we were on holidays at the beach.... Infact so incredibly hot with thunderous northerly winds, (so much so I had to pull down half the camp site so it wouldn't get destroyed). The sky was full of dust, so no sun, yet the XM was tellilng us it was 47degrees. Yes it was actually a staggering 47 degrees in the shade. So we head into the nearest town to try and seek some shelter for the kids at the local Mc Dogbits store. Imagine my surprise to find the XM is running nearly 100degree water temperature downhill not towing ohmy.gif ohmy.gif The interior fans screaming away at full speed, recycle on ..... probably 30degree heat from the vents ( far cooler than the almost 50degrees outside though). We arrive at the McDogbits to find the ashtray hanging outside the front doors just spontaniously combusts as we walk in ohmy.gif And find it's about 30degrees inside (though that is still 20degrees cooler than outside). The winds are like a blast furnace.

Then we find out about this sad.gif sad.gif sad.gif

http://www.theage.com.au/national/bushfire...90209-815t.html

user posted image

they are estimating over 200dead, the flames were travelling at 120km/h taking even the prepared by surprise. it will probably be Australias biggest ever disaster.

seeya,
Shane L.
DerekW
That's appalling Shane, and according to reports you seem to have the same sort of mindless morons who take pleasure in starting fires as us.

Derek
Pages: 1, 2
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here .
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.
Adapted by Shaun Harrison
Translated and modified by Fantome et David, Lafter