Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version Mk1 To Mk2 Parts Compatibility

Club XM Forum > XM General Issues
dean
Hi all

Does anyone know if when the turbo engine from the vsx goes into my prestige can i fit the trip computer as a plug and play thing or will it need massive amounts of head scratching to get it to fit in my mk1?

Also can i put my leather seats onto the vsx's electric bases or again will this be a pita? and are mk1&2 bumpers interchangeable?

Thanks

Dean

xmexclusive
Hi Dean

Should all be a doddle provided you sort out what to do first. Seats and bumpers are definitely swappable, RH display physically fits but you need the extra wires and a different smoked perspex display front as Mk2's do not fit Mk1 dashes (different angle). If you need to know about Mk2 bits then ask away. Be prepared to keep the Mk2 shell right to the end because it is easier to store bits untouched until you need them. Makes compatibility/difference checking so much easier too.

John
dean
Hi John

So it is possible to put my leather on the other bases then, how is it done? do i just take the back and squab off my manual base and then fit them to the electrical bases of the vsx or do i have to swap the covers somehow?
I think i will have the vsx's bumper too then as the mk2 bumper looks a little neater in design than the mk1 especially in the way the indicator units are fitted, and it has headlamp washers and it hasn't got scratches all over the textured rubbing strip...................anyone know how to make body coloured bumpers un-body coloured laugh.gif most of the paint is starting to peel off the plastic anyway, just got to get the rest off unsure.gif.

Thanks
D
xmexclusive
Hi Dean

The base frame with the electrics unbolts from the complete upholsered seat frame and can be swapped over for the Mk2 one. You get at the bolts from the underside and need a battery and power lead to run the seat back and forward on its runners to get at each of the bolt heads. Just realised your leather Mk1 seats are mechanical not electric so it is not going to be that easy. There are a few variations in Mk1 leather so need to take a look or see a few photos particularly the upholstery at the bottom of the back of the seat

John
dean
Thanks John, i will take some piccies in the light at the weekend and post them so i can be suitably advised wink.gif

D
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here .
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.
Adapted by Shaun Harrison
Translated and modified by Fantome et David, Lafter