Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version 1990 2.0 Si - Olympic Blue

Club XM Forum > Readers Rides
Pages: 1, 2, 3
mouseflakes
Picked this up from near Nottingham today - it's the one in the Available section here.

I'll add some more info when I'm a bit more awake!

user posted image

user posted image

user posted image

user posted image
dean
cool.gif very nice, pleased with your new toy then?
Im off to Brighton in the morning to get mine too biggrin.gif

D
Andmcit
Very smart.

Go on Tim, tell everyone how well a 2.0Si manual goes when they all feel the need
for turbo's and v6's!! Watsit off a shovel. Lovely colour but distressingly, it seems to
show up the dirt easily. sad.gif

Looks very sharp and even more distinctive than an Xm usually does; stands high
among the surrounding dross!

Andrew
Andmcit
Being an SEi it must have a sunroof? Is it the early Oakley style mirrored thermonuclear
protecion glass finish which is so eyecatching? Much bigger sunroof too isn't it! Different
headlining and switch too!!! Look after it, appreciating classic etc etc tongue.gif

Can you take some pictures of the sunroof or everyone will think I'm loopy!? wink.gif laugh.gif

Andrew
mouseflakes
QUOTE (dean @ Jan 24 2009, 23:19 PM)
Im off to Brighton in the morning to get mine too biggrin.gif

Oooh - I missed that - what're you getting?
dean
The freebie 2l turbo auto from peeler, havent seen it yet but when i spoke to him it didnt seem like it would take much to mot so..............................?????

Anyway no ones interested in that, what did it go like, she looks realy clean biggrin.gif biggrin.gif biggrin.gif

D
mouseflakes
I'll get a photo of the sunroof tomorrow Andrew. The interior is lovely - smells like new!

I'll get a photo under the bonnet too - it's so squeaky clean it's a joy to behold!

There are two or three small dents - nothing too bad though.

I've had a brief look through the service history and it had a new clutch just 7000 miles ago, as well as a recent reconditioned hydraulic pump.

It needs new spheres I think - the ride is a bit firm (the seller had told me this, so no surprise there).

Performance seems fine - 70 all the way on the motorway - who needs more? If I didn't buy an XM it would have been a Renault 25 - 2.0 or 2.2 litre - which would have performed much the same - so no complaints there.

It does look great though doesn't it? Any short-comings, real or perceived, are forgotten as soon as you get out the car and take a step back to look at it! Once you've washed the mud off of course!
dean
It does look great though doesn't it?

Oh yes cool.gif the alloys are i my opinion the best looking standard rims you can get and the colour is beautiful. It was up for about £400 wasn't it? if that's what you paid, bargain, in fact if you paid double that in my book it's money well spent, well done sir biggrin.gif
The ebay black lpg turbo has sold to a very lucky man amongst us today too plus im getting mine, seems to be a bit of a buying splurge here at the moment laugh.gif

D
Andmcit
I'm not sure about the SEi rims.

Only Citroen would provide alloy wheels on a top of the line car and virtually cover the
entire face of the wheel with a featureless frisbee plastic cover and make the alloy
heavier than the standard steel... rolleyes.gif dry.gif

I'd rather run the car without the trims fitted as the moulding under the trims is actually
visually attractive although the wheel centre needs a cap fitting - in the dim and distant
past, I've fitted the wheel centre caps off the alloys used on the GSA and used 2CV black
caps that fit snug over the heads of the wheel bolts which look really smart. Can't find a
picture annoyingly.

Andrew
dean
Only Citroen would provide alloy wheels on a top of the line car and virtually cover the
entire face of the wheel with a featureless frisbee plastic cover

That's right Andrew, only cit could be that mad, maybe even so mad it becomes beautiful biggrin.gif ???????????

D
Andmcit
I'm not convinced one iota!

In the Silly Ideas Department at Citroen they must've been proud of this one!
Covering an alloy wheel with a plastic wheeltrim does take the biscuit for
futile endevours... huh.gif unsure.gif blink.gif

Andrew
citroenxm
QUOTE (Andmcit @ Jan 24 2009, 23:39 PM)
Being an SEi it must have a sunroof? Is it the early Oakley style mirrored thermonuclear
protecion glass finish which is so eyecatching? Much bigger sunroof too isn't it! Different
headlining and switch too!!! Look after it, appreciating classic etc etc tongue.gif

Can you take some pictures of the sunroof or everyone will think I'm loopy!? wink.gif laugh.gif

Andrew

Andrew..

Shes NOT an SEi, shes an Si, with optional alloys fitted!!!

ALL SEi's had leather, shes not got leather, and if you look at the wings closely you can see Si...

It REALLY is a beatufull colour, but my own 2.oi put me off the unit..

VERY VERY Nice Tim...

Rgds
Paul
Andmcit
Sure Paul: yep, I can't even read the thread title properly! rolleyes.gif

In fact, one of the main key differences in the two specs was the leather;
not sure everyone got too excited about the set belt pretensioners; I've
seen Si's with the wheeltrim alloys as it was a cost option but that's no
excuse for me losing it (if I ever had it to start with!) tongue.gif

On the early Si or SEi it shouldn't matter with the sunroof.

Andrew
ThwartedEfforts
This will always be the car that I let go and posted a link to here instead sad.gif

It is however great news that it went to someone who loves 'em. Looks FANTASTIC mate.
Henry
A very nice. tidy looking car Tim-well done!

Alan.
Pages: 1, 2, 3
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here .
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.
Adapted by Shaun Harrison
Translated and modified by Fantome et David, Lafter