Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version Immobiliser Cover

Club XM Forum > XM General Issues
iancunningham
That lasted a long time...

Two months of use and the immobiliser cover won't stay down...

Know it's fairly pathetic and not life threatening, but ...

What's the procedure then???

Parts, costings, diagrams, etc...?

Thanks

Ian
dean
Andmcit Posted: Jan 11 2009, 22:16 PM 

Andre's Mate

Group: Members
Member No.: 7

Mind, going by Citroen prices, if you really get irked at the constant reminder of the broken
cover on your immobiliser, item 4 @ £23.91 doesn't sound as horrific as I expected!

Andrew

This post has been edited by Andmcit on Jan 11 2009, 22:16 PM 

wink.gif
D
iancunningham
Thx Dean...

Ian
Andmcit
Dean! Beat me to the draw! laugh.gif

Oh well biggrin.gif:
user posted image

Andrew
steelcityuk
The peg on my XMs cover was broken, so epoxied a small countersunk screw into the same position and filed the head to suit, never had a problem since.

Steve.
rowanmoor
Ian, is it the cover (the peg broken off) or is it the clip it goes into. The clip seems to be sold separately (and presumably at even less cost).
kenhall1202
Well spotted rowanmoor! I thought it was only the full assembly that was available, but the clip thingy (7588F0) is available separately for a mere £3. That's a bargain by Citroen standards!

Ken
xmexclusive
Hi All

The socket that the peg on the lid locks into is a standard item used to latch the flaps on a good number of of desk top computers and VCR's. Worth a look before you junk old electronic kit as I have recovered a few for the electrical spares box that way. If you need to refix the peg onto the lid use plumbers ABS cement for a joint as strong as the original plastic.

John
dean
Dean! Beat me to the draw! 

With your own post no less biggrin.gif

D
Jan-hendrik
QUOTE (iancunningham @ Jan 23 2009, 12:33 PM)

My current XM, unlike the previous one, doesn't even have an immobiliser. Ever heard of an XM being stolen laugh.gif
You could just rid yourself of the cover. Better still, the complete electronic gadget and you'll have a neat little cubicle for your coins, parking tickets, whatever biggrin.gif
DrTim
QUOTE (Jan-hendrik @ Jan 25 2009, 07:47 AM)
QUOTE (iancunningham @ Jan 23 2009, 12:33 PM)

My current XM, unlike the previous one, doesn't even have an immobiliser. Ever heard of an XM being stolen laugh.gif
You could just rid yourself of the cover. Better still, the complete electronic gadget and you'll have a neat little cubicle for your coins, parking tickets, whatever biggrin.gif

Yeah, I don't miss the immobiliser in the Prestige and I DO like the little cubicle for the lighter, which tends to wander round the front of the car in the VSX which has an immobiliser not the cubicle.

One of the attractions of an XM is that people don't want to steal them really, especially S1 without antisink.

Oh, and btw, the cover broke on the VSX months ago, lost one of the little hingy bits in the process. One day I may fix it so thanks for the info in this thread but its not a priority, and the lighter is slightly less prone to rolling all over the front of the car with it off!
xmaddict
getting into an xm without keys is so easy it beggers belief.....watched the rac do it to my mk1 v6 some years ago. took him aprox 1 minute or faster .........had to slightly bend window frame back again but jeez! he was fast. so i am glad that the imobiliser is there in case i leave my keys in the car one day
xmexclusive
Hi All

The Mk1 is real easy to break into compared to a deadlocked Mk2.

John
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here .
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.
Adapted by Shaun Harrison
Translated and modified by Fantome et David, Lafter