Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version Sphere Tool And Dimensions

Club XM Forum > Hydraulics Issues
HexEm
Hi guys,

I'm going to make a sphere tool so that I can do the center and accumulator spheres on my new XM.

However, it is dark every time I see the car during the week, and so I cannot measure the sphere.

Can anyone give me the dimensions needed for the diameter etc?

Does the bolt that clamps the sphere just lock onto the surface? Or is there a location that it locks into?

Once it is done I can do a write up so people can see how I made it?

Kind Regards

J
bobhalliday
Hi.J
I had to make a tool to remove my front sphere, it moved all of them except the top front two and one rear it wouldn't fit. It's ugly, heavy, and works like a dream!
Diameter 11Cms
Steel bar 38 X 4mm
2 X 5/8" bolts
1 X 1/2" drive HD socket (Was 3/4" Whitworth)
All scrap bits knocked together by an out of practice welder!!!!
Take care on the front Sphere and belt the top of shere with a heavy hammer. The tool do'es not have to move much as the sphere will loosen off easily after the initial seal is broken. I'm trying to send photo too. It won't go. if you want a photo send me your Email address using the site methods.
Regards.
Bob.
cmacedo
Hex

this is the OEM one I saw at a dealer.
cmacedo
And this one I made using an old spark plug socket (just cut with a saw) and an engine cam chain.
works very well. I removed the ACC sphere from a V6 1995 without undoing any other part or bolt.

Cheers

Caique
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here .
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.
Adapted by Shaun Harrison
Translated and modified by Fantome et David, Lafter