Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version Seasons Greetings And A Prosperous New Year

Club XM Forum > Announcements
noz
Hi all,

Sorry for being absent for most of 2008. I've had other fish to fry as the saying goes and time has become very precious. I'll hope to bring you up to speed in the "Anything Goes" section soon.

Well, Club-XM certainly has come on leaps and bounds. 1043 members and over 32,000 posts. Who would have believed it for a relatively 'minority' interest? I see that typing in Citroen XM into Google makes us the second hit behind Wikipedia. Searching on Club-XM unfortunately turns up more hits to do with satellite radio but adding the word Citroen to that search brings up loads of hits where Club-XM is being referred to for information related to XM's. It really has become the premier source on the web for XM information.

I would like to take this opportunity to sincerely thank all contributors to Club-XM, without which it would not be what it is today. Your dedication and interest does you proud. Having had experience of many other forums covering many other topics I can say that the posts on Club-XM are of a much higher quality requiring little or no moderation at all. It is a pleasure to be associated with so many well behaved and selfless people always willing to help others by giving up their time with no recompense.

As the financial debacle casts its shadow I hope that you managed to survive 2008 intact and that you successfully negotiate 2009.

A Happy New Year to one and all.

Best Regards

Norrie cool.gif
demag
Thanks Norrie,

And of course the wish is returned, have a great 2009. It can only be better than 2008!? wacko.gif

A great big thankyou to you also for keeping your eye on Club Xm and making sure things run properly here. biggrin.gif
DerekW
Compliments of the season to you Norrie, and to all forum members and their nearest and dearest. My thanks to you and Chris for making it all possible.

Derek
onthecut
Ditto.

Particularly agree about the nature of the posts on here. I see one or two other forums and it is unbelievable on them how many threads are hijacked and descend into pitiful playground squabbles, regardless of the topic. The other big failing on some forums is the actual format of them seems to make it very difficult to accurately latch onto previously covered items.
I think we are lucky on here that we are a relatively small group with a better than average spread of detail knowledge. Altogether a good recipe for a successful forum.

Mike.
lemoenman
rolleyes.gif Happy and healthy 2009 NOZ, and to all XM drivers. The forum is very helpful. Let's hope 2009 will see the same amount or more of XMs on the road. Keep on driving. tongue.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here .
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.
Adapted by Shaun Harrison
Translated and modified by Fantome et David, Lafter