Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version Fuel Tank Size - The Answer

Club XM Forum > XM General Issues
Gav
somebody asked a while ago how much fuel fits into the xm tank.

well, i carried out a thoroughly scientific test and can advise the answer. Its 5litres + 2miles of driving + 82 litres. So nealry 88 litres in total, including all the fuel lines.

I think its fairly obvious why i carried out this particular test!

Interestly i have regularly filled up with over 80litres, but never as high as 87 or 88litres. The annoying thing was that the trip computer still said 40miles to go which is odd because it always been spot on before.

also 82litres only cost me £82. Previously i have had bills of £105 or £110.
Jan-hendrik
also 82litres only cost me £82. Previously i have had bills of £105 or £110.

Petrol here is now selling for 100 yen/litre, down from over 180 yen some weeks ago smile.gif
UFO
Even 95 octane ULP is now available at <$1Aus/litre. What a relief as it was up over $1.65 even in Sydney. Country areas were heading up to $2/litre.

I am surprised that some sheik has not stubbed a toe or someone has sneezed in the Gulf of Mexico just before Christmas to force fuel prices through the roof.
peterh
QUOTE (Gav @ Dec 22 2008, 09:14 AM)
Its 5litres + 2miles of driving + 82 litres.
[...]
I think its fairly obvious why i carried out this particular test!

Um... yup! laugh.gif
Peter.N.
...So 1000 miles on a tankful isn't as good as I thought it was. unsure.gif
rowanmoor
QUOTE (UFO @ Dec 22 2008, 10:53 AM)
I am surprised that some sheik has not stubbed a toe or someone has sneezed in the Gulf of Mexico just before Christmas to force fuel prices through the roof.

I think they did on Friday - and Gordon Brown was quick to have a go at them for doing so and so some other sheik told him he should bring down the tax so that they could have the profit instead of Gordon.

But I don't think they stubbed it hard enough to put the prices back up.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here .
Invision Power Board © 2001-2022 Invision Power Services, Inc.
Adapted by Shaun Harrison
Translated and modified by Fantome et David, Lafter