Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version Coolant Leak

Club XM Forum > XM General Issues
binsick
Hi, I have an 89" 2Li xm and its sprung a leak . I am i bit stuck on this one, it appears to be coming from the back or the Offside of the block . As far as I can tell the bottom hose seems fine and the coolant doesn't look as if its coming from the alloy inlet joby although I am not 100% on that one. Any help or suggestions as to where it could be coming from would be much appreciated.

Thanks Morgan
Ciaran
Hi Morgan,

Do you get coolant spraying around from a hard to track location around the inlet manifold / belt side of the engine?

I had a similar problem a while back (check out this thread), and it turned out to be just a leaky core plug...

If its from lower down it could be the water pump, perhaps spraying up inside the timing cover.

Ciarán
dean
I think its worth having a good check of the alloy housing on the back of the block, they dont crack, but they can blow the gasket between the block and itself out causing a good dribble of coolant, the other favourite in that area is a pinhole or split on one of the hoses that connect to it, once you have checked these then its on to Ciarans suggestions.

Good luck, hope its cheap biggrin.gif
D
binsick
Thanks for your suggestions guys and for being so prompt. I will have a closer look today and keep you posted.
binsick
All sorted! It was the water pump in the end. 20 pounds later and a few skinned knuckles, 1 cam belt and 1 pump fitted. smile.gif
Ciaran
Glad to see you got it sorted, happy XMing biggrin.gif

Ciarán
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here .
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.
Adapted by Shaun Harrison
Translated and modified by Fantome et David, Lafter