Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version 1993 Sei 3.0 Estate

Club XM Forum > Sadly it has to go...
xubi
I'll be listing my 1993 3.0 estate on eBay later today. If anybody wants to make a sensible offer in advance I'd be delighted to hear from you.

The listing will (more or less) read...
"
You are invited to bid for a 1993 Citroen XM SEi 3.0 automatic estate in dark green.
I bought the car through eBay in August 2004 and have had more than my moneys worth out of the car, even when you add up all of what I have spent on her. Whilst I’ve had the car I’ve used Citroen specailsts Double S Motors in Liverpool for servicing and MOT’s. I’m fairly sure it’s the 12v engine, though Double S have it down as the 24v on their receipts.
The car is currently a non runner due to the by now legendary gear box problems these cars seems to suffer after a certain mileage. Basically the car has little or no forward drive. The car starts most of the time (again a common XM fault), and has recently had a new starter motor. The car has been laid up since April, though I do start the engine and run it up to normal operating tempreture The car is shown without a number plate as I have just transferred a cherished plate from her. She will come with number plates bearing the mark shown above.
Unusually most of the electrics work including the dot matrix displays.
It’s a wonderfully quick and agile load carrier, and most of the time an absolute delight to own. It’s one of four XM’s I’ve owned over the last fifteen years, and I hope it will not be my last. Right now though space is an issue, and I think the time has come to pass the car on to a new home. I have the desire to keep the car good running order, but have neither the time, or the expertise. The car deserves to preserved, but if it goes to ensure several other XM’s stay on the road so be it.
• Original Citroen Alloy wheels
• Classic single spoke Citroen steering wheel plus the original twin spoke wheel
• Black leather interior
• Five additional steel wheels and tyres
• Spare off side wing, front grille, and front bumper
• Five original Citroen wheel covers
• Spare sunroof glass
• Numerous other bits and pieces large and small
The car is currently on a SORN, and due to this and the gearbox problem you’ll need to have to tow the vehicle or use a trailer".

Will
Andmcit
Hi Will,

Whereabouts are you located and do have an idea what price you're looking for to sell the car?
Any pictures attached here before ebay? Do all the electrics work as they should including the ABS?
What starting/running issues are you encountering on it - are these starter related?

Mate of mine may be up for this - what turnaround in collection are you looking for beyond
immediately?

Andrew
xubi
Andrew,

Apologies for the delay in replying.

The car is in Liverpool. The ABS was fine at the MOT last year but the warning light on the dash occassionally flashs. Brian at Double S thought it may be the rear off side sensor.

Generally the electrics are fine. I have additional wiring for the head lights. I have the traditional problem with it not starting occassionally. The usual remedies work. I've replaced all (I think) of the speres during ownership, and the back box on the exhaust.

The photos are now on eBay.

As to time scale asap would be nice, but it's not that urgent, and as to price, well make an offer I won't be unreasonable or unrealistic.

Will
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here .
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.
Adapted by Shaun Harrison
Translated and modified by Fantome et David, Lafter