Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version Buying An Upper Speedo Cable

Club XM Forum > XM General Issues
Caroline
Hi
I posted last week or so about the cable for our XM Prestige. We need to find a new upper cable. We went to GSF and when we gave them the reg no they told us they couldn't supply it. We visited another GSF branch who said that as long as it ws pre-1993 they could supply it and ours is registered at 1992 so we bought it. Needless to say it is the wrong one. I've googled this and tried lots of places but I just can't seem to find a supplier.

Can anybody point me in the right direction as to where we can buy one either online or in South East England?

Thanks a lot, Caroline
Peter.N.
Hi Caroline

I don't know of any suppliers personally but if you enter 'speedometer cables' into Google there are quite a list of suppliers. The only thing you can do really is phone them - unless anyone on here has got a secondhand one.....

Peter.N.
bigjohnh
A company called Speedy Cables will be able to help, they can even copy an old one.

http://www.speedycables.com/

John
Peter.N.
I didn't know they still existed, I remember them from the '50s. smile.gif
bigjohnh
Hi Peter,

They used to be in a little mews industrial unit in Islington. I could walk there from our office in City Road when we still had depots in London. I suppose they sold up to cash in on 'Trendy Islington' and I bet the factory is now apartments, they moved in the early - mid 90's.

They were very helpful for old instruments and senders for my old Moggy Minor.

John
Caroline
Thanks everyone, I'll look at them.....cheers
kenhall1202
Hi Caroline

Is this one any use from Citroenservices Glasgow?

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/TOP-SPEEDO-CABLE-CIT...A1%7C240%3A1318

Ken
Andmcit
Looks right though it's difficult to gauge the length from the picture but the large black ball
seal is visible.

Andrew
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here .
Invision Power Board © 2001-2022 Invision Power Services, Inc.
Adapted by Shaun Harrison
Translated and modified by Fantome et David, Lafter