Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version Ticking!

Club XM Forum > XM General Issues
Brian
I am being driven mad by a ticking noise which I assume is the indicator relay but which ticks twice as fast. It will last for varying degrees of time but then goes away for days at a time. The indicators and hazards work as normal - any ideas please? Do I have to remove the glove box (arghh!) to replace it? mad.gif
Niek
Hi Brian,

It sounds alot like a problem I had. In my case it turned out to be the indicator stalk 'sticking', sounds as though the indicators are on but with one light broken but in fact the indicators aren't lit at all. Take it out (remove shroud, undo two screws I think, and pull out the plug) take it apart and give it a good clean. (use some contact spray or similar and then reapply grease where it is supposed to be, you'll know when you take it apart)

Cheers,
Niek
Brian
Hi Niek,
Thanks for your reply, the sound is exactly how you describe but when it starts, I have checked the indicators which do not flash at that time, if I turn them on they work as normal. I know the XM (mine is series 1) is prone to electrical problems which are sometimes down to bad connections/earthing etc so i will take your advice and report back. Thanks for your time

Brian
Brian
It worked! Removed the terminals and gave them a good clean, all is well now. Thanks for the advice
Brian
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here .
Invision Power Board © 2001-2022 Invision Power Services, Inc.
Adapted by Shaun Harrison
Translated and modified by Fantome et David, Lafter