Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version Need To Know Where This Part Goes On The 2.0 Turbo

Club XM Forum > Petrol Specific Issues
Pages: 1, 2
306XM
any tell me what this part is and where it goes and where the 3 vacuum tubes go?

i am assume its something to do with wastegate/actuator

any one got a picture of this part in place? and can explain to me where the 3 pipes go to....

one side is solid, cant be blown through or anything so i think its over boost guage of somet??

user posted image
bobtee
Hi sounds like you have a non return valve in there .
the actual size is difficult to judge could it be off of the windscreen washer system?
perhaps you could photo it again with a pound coin next to it so its possible to judge the size
Best regards Bob biggrin.gif
DerekW
It might also help if you could tell us which engine you have.

Derek
dean
He's got a TCT lump going into a 306 rolleyes.gif biggrin.gif

D
citroenxm

yup its the waste gate controller.... One goes DOWN to the Waste gate, one goes to the INLET SIDE of theturbo, the other goes to the OUTPUT side of the turbo.....

Leave it off and you get FULL boost as the wastegate stays shut....

Rgds
Paul
bigjohnh
And a big expensive bang a few seconds later. sad.gif
306XM
yup its a turbo lump....

size is roughly 6cm long

does any one have a picture of it fitted.

i thought it was some sort of "over boost" controller..

but i am unsure which pipe goes where.

The T piece has one pipe taht cannot be blown through. the other 2 can blow through fine.

my view to that would be blocked side to waste gate to prevent over boosting? and the other 2 between the turbo and the inlet manifold?
citroenxm
QUOTE (bigjohnh @ Oct 25 2008, 09:12 AM)
And a big expensive bang a few seconds later. sad.gif

Not really John, I beleve the engines can take the full boost no problem, its the intercoolers that are too weak, like all french Rads, thats the water, and heater matrixes...

I incidentally, leave my pipe connected...

Rgds
Paul
citroenxm
QUOTE (306XM @ Oct 25 2008, 09:22 AM)
yup its a turbo lump....

size is roughly 6cm long

does any one have a picture of it fitted.

i thought it was some sort of "over boost" controller..

but i am unsure which pipe goes where.

The T piece has one pipe taht cannot be blown through.  the other 2 can blow through fine.

my view to that would be blocked side to waste gate to prevent over boosting? and the other 2 between the turbo and the inlet manifold?

Its just the boost waste gate controller....

Ill get a pic of mine fitted WHEN it stops raining!!!

Rgds
Paul
306XM
that would be much appretiated smile.gif i hate rain! its hammering it down here and ive got a car in bits outside my unit lol
Craigdp
no way in hell will the engine take the max boost the turbo can produce!!!! My MR2 turbo wouldnt and that was built to be a high powered engine, nothing agaist the citroen motor but it isnt built as good and was never built to be a high powered engine would be interested to know what the safe max boost of the 2.0 turbo engine is though.

Craig
citroenxm
So EVERY UNIT that gets set to run at 200 bhp has been strengthend with a modified gasket..

I havent tried this - and have no intension of either! I have all the control pipes in place..

Its what Ive heard from other places... im sure it was on here else where it was mentioned the unit will take 200 bhp before piston meltdown... I could be wrong though, Im not a 2 litre fan, more a V6 driver... I dont like the thought of OVER forcing an engine to do more then it should...

You CAN NOT beat cylinders for power over forced induction...

paul
306XM
the engine can take the power with new forged internals...

which will be going in...

also there is one local to me running 250 on standard internals. ... and no issues.
colinxm
Quote "nothing agaist the citroen motor but it isnt built as good " aarggghhhh heresy !!

Somebody apply the thumbscrews quick !! tongue.gif

Colin.P
Andmcit
Yep, stands to reason anything made by our Oriental Friends is going to be vastly superior
than something made by blokes that ride rickety bicycles wearing onions around their necks,
stripey sweaters and black berets and tashes... biggrin.gif

So who makes 'arguably' the best diesels in the world and are in joint manufacturing ventures
with the biggest global players in the automotive business?

Andrew
Pages: 1, 2
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here .
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.
Adapted by Shaun Harrison
Translated and modified by Fantome et David, Lafter