Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version Low Mileage 2.0 Litre Sx Hatch

Club XM Forum > Available!
Pages: 1, 2
kenhall1202
Hi all,

The local garage in my village has acquired an XM which belonged to a recently deceased local resident. The garage owner believes the car is too good to scrap and asked me if I knew of anyone who might be interested - hence this post.

The car is a 2.0 litre petrol SX and has covered only 31K miles. Known faults are flat rear spheres and a rear exhaust box blow. Strut tops look in good condition and bodywork is fairly tidy inside and out. Towbar fitted.

Photo of the car is attached. For further details phone the garage during business hours ( 01946841200 NO LATER THAN 6PM) and speak to Mr Jacques or alternatively PM me and I will try to answer queries.

Ken
demag
That looks a lovely motor Ken.
Peter.N.
It does, my favourite colour too! Please buy it someone mellow.gif sad.gif
bigjohnh
Is it an auto? (I like auto)

I'm tempted but can't justify another but I'm working on my brother who has admired my one, and he lives in Lancashire, so nearby.

John
Andmcit
Vehicle Registration Mark - M655PRM
Make - CITROEN
Model - XM SX 16V
Transmission & fuel type - MANUAL 5 GEARS PETROL
Body Type - 5 DOOR HATCHBACK
Colour - SILVER

And I quite fancy this because it's a MANUAL!! laugh.gif

So, does the guy want £50, £500, £5000 or...

Andrew
kenhall1202
I would think an offer similar to the scrap value (before the steel price nosedived) would be of interest, ie between £50 and 500.

Ken
robert_e_smart
That car is worth well over £500, more to the tune of £1000 +

Andmcit
Thing is, does it have an MOT? Things with no MOT are only worth the scrap or what someone will
pay for a 16v engine etc: it's not unknown for the Puggeiser squad of death to get their clutches on
a low mileage mint Xm just to fit the mill in a Pug 306 and chuck the rest away... ohmy.gif wacko.gif mad.gif

So, I'll volunteer to save it for £200quid then!? tongue.gif

Andrew
Citroenmad
Thats a bargin, if i had more space id buy it.

Im actually suprised how often i read on here about Xms being scrapped, surely we need to save them as best we can, not just give up and let them vanish!

Someone buy it
kenhall1202
Here is an engine bay picture I took. I can take more pics if required - just let me know.

Ken
Citroenmad
It does look very tidy, does it have any history with it?

Looks a little different to my 96 2.0, mine has a header tank for the coolent over in the gap on the left hand side, not a filler on the rad at the front.

Shame its not an estate, id love to buy it.
Citroenmad
Has anyone shown interest in this yet? Any more info?

Im considering ringing if no one else has yet?
Andmcit
Would hate to see it scrapped too and it sounds like the garage guy doesn't want to anyhow.
Does it have an MOT? I'd fancy it as I'm not a big fan of diesels...

Andrew
Citroenmad
By the sound of it, it doesnt have an MOT, which would make it difficult for me to bring it home. Id have to borrow a trailer for the back of my XM.

I think ill give them a ring tomorrow and enquire about it, as long as no one else is seriously considering it?

Dont know what ill use it for, ours doesnt get enough use as it is!

Although it seems im not a true XM owner unless i have a fleet of them wink.gif
Peter.N.
You don't have to drive them all biggrin.gif My son and daughter in law drive one of my estates, I use my estate when we are taking the dog with us or carrying large loads and the hatch when we are not taking the dog - its clean smile.gif I do about 18k a year between my two.

Peter.N.
Pages: 1, 2
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here .
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.
Adapted by Shaun Harrison
Translated and modified by Fantome et David, Lafter